The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Big and the Small :: Making your own Jumbo Invisible Deck - tips? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Hi,
I make my own invisible decks with poker size Bikes, and have a pretty good system down. I'd like to make a Jumbo Invisible Deck, and wondered if any of you have done this and would be willing to share any tips about how much roughing spray to use, how much of the card surface do you actually spray, etc.? When I worked out a good system for making the poker size decks, it only cost me about $1.25 if I messed up and oversprayed, warped the cards, etc. The Jumbo decks are considerably more, so I'd rather not mess up one of those if I can learn from the experience of others. Thanks! -Jeff
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Why not use the Bicycle poker decks with the jumbo indices? The indices are the same size as on the jumbos.

You could always take a look at the Anglo Giant Invisible Deck on El Duco's site. http://www.el-duco.se/ The indices on these cards are HUGE! They can be seen in a 1,000 seat auditorium, easily, yet the cards are the size of Hoyle Jumbo cards.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Thanks for the reply, Alan - that's a thought worth considering. I'm still interested in hearing from anyone who has made an I.D. from the Jumbo sized cards as well, if anyone would care to share! Thanks, Jeff
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I make my own also. I give it a through coat of "testers dull coat" let them dry and you are good to go. I usually use a whole can of dull coat. The jumbo deck is a little hard to handle, but it really plays big.
HAVE FUN
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I believe I saw Copperfield perform the jumbo invisible deck on Oprah years ago. It played really big, and got me thinking about how much I'd like to own one.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Small magic man
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Small magic man
I think is very hard to make a very big one!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Another advantage of the Anglo Deck is that it is about twice the size of a poker deck, making them easier to handle than a Jumbo Bike deck.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Quote:
On 2006-10-16 21:44, Small magic man wrote:
I think is very hard to make a very big one!

No no it's quite easy..Just spray P****-M**** on the one of the Joker's..they name a card..that card is set on top of the Joker and volia!
Self concept is destiny..
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1795 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I must admit I find it easier to buy a pre made Jumbo ID

I use this Jumbo ID in most cabaret or corporate shows I do with great success
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I can't understand why it would be "hard" or "difficult" in any way to make either a poker or larger size Invisible Deck. I've been making my own for over 27 years now, and some people are making out like it's an impossibility. Why?

Steve
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
I have made about 5 jumbo ID's over the last 20 years. The first one I made was made with fluid, it seem that that is hard to find now. Most people spray them. It is not difficult just spray sparingly. or use a r****ing stick that I get from Stevens Magic. Works great for me.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1795 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Jumbo ID handling is different obviously than normal size deck
so a abit of practice is required for smooth handling & some people find this difficult for some reason
& don't use Jumbo ID
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
I've made my own as well and prefer the jumbo's to Jumbo Index. In fact the jumbo index are less easy to identify from a distance. My real tip is to use "old fashioned" roughing fluid as it will last much longer.

Gil Scott
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
Why not use the Bicycle poker decks with the jumbo indices?

Where can I find these via mail order for a competitive price?

Thanks,
Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson