The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Sonata coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Simon Tan
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
55 Posts

Profile of Simon Tan
I remember once seeing one side of a coin being gaffed with close-up pad material in a matrix effect. The name of the video eludes me. Why one would choose to paint one side of a coin flesh-colour puzzles me, since you will always need to make sure you show the right side of the coin correctly all the time. The current available coin subtleties and sleights are plentiful enough to allow one to suggest empty hands. This one is just complicating matter more.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
When I first saw the Shifter it was not flesh colored on one side. At least the one that I saw. We are talking about the bending coin effect right?

If so thank you for clearing that up for me. I had no idea it was supposed to be that way.

"This one is just complicating matter more."

I am not sure that is the case in this matter. If you have ever worked with a C/S coin you know that showing the coin properly can be done with great ease. So I am not sure that you are complicating matters. Is it a necessary thing to do to your coin work (To have a Sanada coin?) Probably not, but there are some amazing uses out there.

I have seen as well as played around with quite a few ideas. It is all about fun...isn't it?

Keep thinking!

C
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Yes. It is a coin-bending effect. After the coin is bent, it cannot be handed out for examination. It must be switched for a genuinely bent coin.

The "Sanada" aspect is used to show the hand empty after the switch.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Thanks Ray. As I said theone that I saw looked like a regualr coin on both sides.

C