The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Himber wallet for visual changes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
limhanchung
View Profile
Veteran user
Malaysia
342 Posts

Profile of limhanchung
Hello
Do you guys think himber wallets are deceptive enough to change blank paper into real money?

Thanks.

Han Chung Lim
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
I've never used the wallet to effect an overt change; i.e. place blank paper in wallet, close, open to reveal a dollar bill. I use it to covertly switch out gaffed cards or bills but as far as the spectator knows nothing has actually changed. I'm positive that I've, thus far, been limiting its potential use.

What you should seriously consider in your mentioned effect is the quality of the wallet. Some himber wallets look really bad and almost obvious in the way they are made. They're cheap plastic, the folds don't look good, they're too thick, and they don't lay nice and flat. They practically scream 'prop' and there's going to be a lot of heat on a cheesy looking wallet that made a blank to a bill.

I've got a really nice subtle looking thin leather one that's lined and lays nice and flat. It's definitely worth the investment of about 30 or so dollars to get one that looks and acts the part it's portraying during your routine.
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Harry Anderson did this effect in the late 90s on his TV special but I don't believe he used a himber but he did use a wallet of some type. I could be mistaking as it has been quite a while since I saw it but I do remember the effect itself.
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
What about all of the "Polaroid Money" routines out there? My friend Benjamin Levy does a great one.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Quote:
On 2006-07-15 20:19, sibbie wrote:
Harry Anderson did this effect in the late 90s on his TV special but I don't believe he used a himber but he did use a wallet of some type. I could be mistaking as it has been quite a while since I saw it but I do remember the effect itself.

He used a "locking" Himber wallet as I remember. That meant the spectator could open it.

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you want to change blank or printed paper to money the best way is the Kaps handling of Pat Page's EASY MONEY. I believe the manuscript is available from Magic Inc., in Chicago.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:
On 2006-07-18 14:22, Pete Biro wrote:
If you want to change blank or printed paper to money the best way is the Kaps handling of Pat Page's EASY MONEY. I believe the manuscript is available from Magic Inc., in Chicago.

Another way is in Bill Severn's book "Magic with Coins and Bills," in a trick called "The Traveling Millionaire." The book was reprinted as part of an anthology called "Bill Severn's Complete Book of Magic."

As to using a Himber wallet, Polaroid Money and similar effects are in Harry Lorayne's "Himber Wallet Book." Lorayne thinks a Himber wallet is good for this kind of effect -- and that's a fine recommendation.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Ron Bauer's "Xerox Money" does require a Himber Wallet also.
markhsmith
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of markhsmith
Quote:
On 2006-07-18 14:22, Pete Biro wrote:
If you want to change blank or printed paper to money the best way is the Kaps handling of Pat Page's EASY MONEY.

I agree. I've been doing it with great audience response.