The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Care for silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Sir Pat-Trick
View Profile
New user
Cincinnati, Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Sir Pat-Trick
I have a few silks that are starting to get wrinkled no matter how I fold them. Any thoughts on how to care for them.
Trick is in the Name!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Patrick,

You can roll your silks around a tube and it will cut down on wrinkles. If you fold them, fold them kind of "loose".

Regan
Mister Mystery
MrBrett
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of MrBrett
I just live with them, then iron them out everytime it gets severe. I also iron them before each peformance which (to be honest) isn't very often for me.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I like my silks ironed before (and after) shows too.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-07-04 23:27, Sir Pat-Trick wrote:
I have a few silks that are starting to get wrinkled no matter how I fold them. Any thoughts on how to care for them.

Laundry in Wool-lite, ask your wife or girl friend for advice for hand washing delicate material.

Set your iron on silk setting and iron. Useing steam helps, and pressing very hard removes the wrinkles. The above suggestion of putting them around a mailing tube has been around for a long time. Try it, it it works for you and is easy to carry with you.

Also, please do a search on the Café, before posting a common question. This has been discussed many times in length.

Mr. Richard Hughes suggest washing and placing on window glass or mirror to dry.