The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: My Fantasio Vanishing Cane stops half way ??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I use a fantasio vanishing cane and it has a "kink" in it. The kink was caused by not fitting the cap properly and forcing the cane in the cap. It caused a bend inward that has gotten worse over time. I have repeatedly done the boiling water thing, I have tightened (while collapsed) and left it tightened for a while (a few days) but the kink won't go away. I wouldn't care because it doesn't show on the cane when extended, but the cane no longer closes all the way every time (sometimes it does). I have worked with canes a lot and have never had this problem. Please help.
BTW the kink is on about the fourth or fifth coil from the cap end. I am pretty sure that this is the cause of the malfunction as my other canes vanish fine. Is there any way to fix this??

Thanks
Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I too have had this problem and the drastic measure I imployed after much difficulty was to simply nip off the section from the end which had become kinked....

I was fortunate in that the kink was near the end cap....

I will swear by my Walsh Metal Canes and purchase Fantasio Plastic nevermore....
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Time for a new cane "iwillfoolu".
Fantasio cane prices make them easily replaceable. Any "kink" isn't worth living with to keep from replacing it while compromising rapid vanish.
I understand your dilema but why not treat yourself to a new one and forever strive to avoid that "kink".
BTW, my first cane 15yrs ago was sat on while extended and left on the couch. Ouch!

Randy Stewart

Watch that pepper go!
watch em! Hehehehe.... Smile
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I feared as much. Oh well, thanks. At least it is a white cane so mabey I can make a bunch of challenger gimmicks.

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York