The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant :: CUT & RESTORED STRING as learned from Charles Townsend's book World's Greatest Magic Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
June 30/06

What The Audience Sees:

'Today Jamie showed us piece of string that we cut into 2 equal pieces. He tied them together but then the knot disappeared and the string was whole again!'

How It Went:

It went A-OK. I didn't really change anyone's life or anything but it still went over quite well. This really is just your standard Cut & Restored Rope but with string instead. I wanted something a bit smaller today and this fit the bill quite nicely.

Best Lines:

'Wow! That's incredible and we're so close!'
-this was from a group that had never seen me before.

'Can I se the string?!?!!'
-always good evidence that it worked out.

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done... A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

'Haven't I %$#$#%#% already seen this one?!!?'
I think he might have been referring to Finer Optics but I'm not sure. As for this rating, I'll have to say 2/5. I'm not positive that he knows how it works but I'm pretty sure he's got a good idea.

My Rating:

A respectable 8/10. I really like the trick but I'm not to keen on having to carry scissors around. Other than that, I think it's pretty good.

The JDG Tip:

I've never been a big fan of having to go to my pocket for 'Magic Dust', so before I begin the trick I say that I need my magic pen for the trick to work, and I use it as a magic wand. It just suits me better.

Closing Thoughts:

I just got in from a gig I did last night so I apologize if this MF's a bit short. I've been magicianing it up like crazy lately and it's starting to catch up with me. Time for bed...

Have A Great Weekend Everyone!

Jamie D. Grant
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk