The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Oldies... but goodies! :: Want to identify Pom Pon stick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3279 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Pom Pon stick is heavy chromed/nickle plated copper. Comes apart in the center and the gimmick is made of wood with metal pulleys, other than the usual you magnets added to them. Big Pon-pons that look like they are made of heavy yarn. The are very dense and nicely round. By the colors appears to be from the 50's (powder blue/yellow...). Any ideas who could have produced this piece? This was from the estate of an older magician, with no instructions, just in very good repair.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
HEY...I have one of these, too! I can't find the maker, and I've been searching for 10 years! Does yours also have 3 particular initials stamped into the metal collar part that holds the 2 sections together? We may have found something here!

Steve Thomas
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3279 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Will look once I get home...wonder if anyone here knows?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've posted about it before, and asked some VERY knowledgable people in the last 10 years, and STILL don't know anything about it!

Steve
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hey guys...what are the 3 initials???
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I don't know about Magicmind's...but on mine, it's a closely grouped "EPC". There are also 4 or 5 small, TINY indentations around the circumference of the collar.

Anybody know something?

Steve