The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Appearing/vanishing canes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
I am curious: has anyone here ever made appearing or vanishing canes? What type of material did you use? What problems did you run into? How did you make them? I would love to hear anything anyone would like to share about this...if anyone has even made any before...
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
They are inexpensive enough and available in enough colors that you shouldn't need to make one. I would think it would be pretty difficult, though.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Other than toying around with adding machine tape rolls as a kid, not really-Like amosmc says, they are not too costly. Not so much that they are hard to make, but the set up makes the return not so good. If metal, then the shop tools and the spring sheet stock can get costly- and the finishing of the edges in improtant. I managed to put a number of shallow cuts into my palm while absentmindedly fiddling with my nice German metal cane- very springy- and cut metal edges!
Fantasio items are nice, light, good price, and pretty darned safe from sharp edges!
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com