The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Finished our Square / Circle Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Hi everyone,

My hubby (Zazz) and I just finished our first prop! It came out very nice and we were very pleased.

Here is a link to it: http://magic4ewe.blogspot.com
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Very nicely built...

-Bryan
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Hey, that's really nice! Are you using the corner of the box as the front? If you use triple velvet on the inside walls and on the gimmick, you can probably hinge the two front panels and, with the proper lighting, open them once the outer tube is removed without anyone seeing anything. This might be an example of running when you're not being chased, but it really looks cool and amazing.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Thanks for your comments! We thought about hinging, but since the outer square is made of a metal framework, we opted to just leave it be but its a great suggestion. We had the same idea too when we saw the hinged style at dazzlingmagic.com on their square/circle supreme model for $149.00. But again, being our first attempt, we decide not to over-complicate things. I did however line the entire box for quality-control issues...I like things "finished" properly. LOL..I'm a tad bit of a perfectionist.

I am already planning our next two projects. I would like to make a nicer Bag-to-Flag than the commercial one we bought, which was poorly made....and a bunny box patterned after the square/square with a metal & wood framework. It will be a "kid-proof" box where they can look at the bunny, but where our bunny won't be terrorized by poking kids!

Thanks again for your comments!

Have a magical evening....
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
Very nice!

How did you guys make the metal frame like that?

Regan
Mister Mystery
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Thanks Regan!

Its was more about creative shopping than it was actual labor. I went out shopping with the goal that I wouldn't come home until I found a proper square that I liked. Or something that could be "modified" to be the perfect square that I liked. Sometimes instead of looking at items like they are....you have to look at them for what they can become, which is what I did.

That is where my husband came in. The square looked much different before I made my hubby start chopping & grinding on it. I have to admit, at first, I think he was a little leery of the idea whether it would end up looking nice enough or not...but being the nice guy that he is...he did it for me anyways!

Now, when we go out shopping I drive him crazy! Because I see things in a whole new way. Not as what things are...but what can we do with them magically?
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Very nice, and I imagine that the velvet makes for a nice quiet slide with no prop talk!
(my mind keeps telling how pretty some etched or engraved design on the copper would look!)
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com