The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Magicial cartoon ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
If you get TLR (The Linking Ring), you might have seen a one panel cartoon of a magic related theme drawn by me. I need you help, if you have a funny idea for a cartoon or pun which is magic related and can be told as a one panel cartoon, please email me right away! If I use your idea or it helps me come up with a cartoon, I will give you idea credit in the magazine. That's about all I am getting, but I will get you a credit for all your Ring buddies to be jealous of.

Thanking you in advance.

Jim Richardson
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5482 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Jim,
You would be doing yourself a favor by searching out some issues of Jeff Busby's Epoptica. Every issue had a number of always clever and often side-splitting cartoons by Don Albrecht. I am certainly not encouraging you to steal any of these ideas, but it may provide you with some inspiration.
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Any IBM member can send me an idea and if I turn it into a cartoon that is published in the Linking Ring, that person's name will be given credit. All your fellow ring buddies will be jealous and wished they were as clever as you. Just email me and include the Ring you belong to. Its just that easy!

Felixjr
bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
Are you talking about the funny pictures? If so those are great. I will try to help you out.
Mike Gorman
View Profile
New user
Cary, North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Mike Gorman
Jim,
I really like your cartoons in TLR. A little laugh once in awhile lightens up the day. How about showing a magician getting a returned mail envelope because "The Houdini Stamp Disappeared (or escaped)"?

If I think of more, I'll email you personally...

Mike Gorman
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Hey Bentley and Mike,

Thanks for the encouragement. TLR has been printing the wrong email address to send me ideas. Whoever has heyjim@aol.com must be wondering why they are getting cartoon ideas from magicians. The correct email will be in the next TLR magazine.

You can check out some of my cartoons at: http://www.ibmring21.org/gallery.html and
if anyone needs any lecture notes illustrated, I can do that too.

felixjr
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Its August and a brand new TLR magazine should be in the mail to all members. Check out the clever card cartoon by me and once again if you have any ideas for a cartoon with a magicial theme, email me asap.

Thanks again,

Jimr
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Any ideas out there?

jimr

Click here to view attached image.
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Hey Everyone,

Here is my website link to my MagicToons I keep going on and on about. Check them out. Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas.

Enjoy

Felixjr
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
On page 116 of the September issue of Linking Ring is a cartoon which was from an idea by Magician and good guy Tim Mannix from Ring 21! His idea credit was not mentioned in the cartoon so I am telling everyone that he gave me the idea and I drew the cartoon.

If you guys like my cartoons let the Linking Ring know it or drop me a line.

Enjoy,

Jimr aka Felixjr
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Some magic terms are just funny, and beg for an odd visual interpretation. For example:

French Drop

French - The Eiffel Tower, escargot, berets, wine, impressionism, romance, mime, etc.
Drop - a fall from a height, the last drop of wine, abrupt end of a relationship, etc.

I'm sure that there is a cartoon there somewhere.

How about Square Circle, Die Box (a coffin?), Zombie, Coin Roll, Card Fan? Heck, just go through Tarbell. Much of the lingo is inherently funny.

Some magic cliches beg for cartoons. For example:

Sawing a Lady in Half
Rabbits (you have done several of these already)

Yours,

Paul
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
New cartoon additions, please visit my web site.

Felixjr
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Jim,

Your cartoon's look great! Keep up the good work.

Mark. Smile
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Thanks Mark, I'll try to.

One of my cartoons is called "Before Roy" and I was wondering if anyone had a problem with it. Maybe I shouldn't open up a can of worms, but I would be curious what magicians thought of it. Let me know if it is.

Thanks,

Felixjr
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
I thought it was funny, and although it can be considered offensive, I don't really see it as such.
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Your cartoon idea in the February Linking Ring!

Send me an idea, pun, visual gag or anything funny dealing with Magicians and Valentine's Day! If I can use your idea and can make a funny cartoon based on the above theme, I will give you idea credit in the February issue of the Linking Ring. Just be sure to email your name, ring #, city and state info. I will also send you a copy of the final cartoon as my thanks.

Thanks again

Jimr
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
You mean, If I send you a funny or clever idea that you make a cartoon out of, I will get credit for the idea in the Linking Ring and get a copy of the cartoon, suitable for framing? I'd be crazy not to send you an idea? How could I loose?

Felixjr