The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! :: Blintz Bird Base Elephant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I folded an elephant using the Blintz bird base. It had two ears , two tusks, four legs, tail, and it was a BEAR to fold!

Anyway, in order to make the blintz bird base so that it was large enough to fold down to it's final size, I taped several magazine pages together. Otherwise, the base would have been so small that it would have been near impossible to fold the figure.

The reason I used magazine pages taped together is because I couldn't find origami paper of substantially large enough size to complete the model.

That was a while back, and I was wondering if anything has changed. In other words, is there a source where one can get JUMBO sheets of standard origami paper?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
You might try a craft shop that has scrapbooking sheets 12" X 12". Otherwise, butcher paper sold by the roll and used by schools is ok. Do you have the diagrams for the elephant? It sounds interesting. There are other models out there for elephants (Haring Origami 3 I think. Of couses there is a dollar bill elephant by Neale Elias. Take care.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD