The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Appearing Bird Cage Help..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kellar
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Kellar
Would anyone be able to tell me how to tighten the tension or put a new spring on the top of an appearing bird cage to help with the "springing" open. I also have to replace a very small rivet in the base of the cage and was hopeing for an effective alternative. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

David Kellar
"Creating Impossible Illusions and Magical Memories That Last a Lifetime!"
eyebuildillusions
View Profile
New user
Fairview Park , Ohio
29 Posts

Profile of eyebuildillusions
Hello Kellar,
I had the same problem with mine. I used four in my act. worked an ammusemant park every week. It really took its toll, anyway ,Mine were 2 of the india made and 2 were from stevens. The best fix and or tune up to fix the having to shake like crazy to get them to open was the following,
http://www.slide-co.com/prod10.asp#handyman they sell a box of springs for the handy man. available at home depot/lowes. A pop rivet gun and what is called extra long rivet fasteners. make sure you get the extra long ones to fit.I had to drill out the holes to get the rivet to fit.
I ended up replacing the springs on all 4 because the action was so much better,
Bam!!! opened instantly. hope it helps.
"Give them a good show and they will gladly pay the price of admission.”