The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Poster of Vernon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
eddie104
View Profile
New user
Florida
44 Posts

Profile of eddie104
Hey

Looking for the famous pic of Vernon - Black/White...a cigarette in one hand and a deck of cards in the other, looking at the deck

Anyone know where I could find this print?
Thanks in advance
ED
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Don't know about the print...I first saw that picture in Magic Tricks and Card Tricks by Wilfrid Jonson, circa 1957. He's looking at the Ace of clubs!
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Norm Nielsen was selling a poster like this for a while. It was beautiful, but I see it's gone from his site. You may want to check with him.
eddie104
View Profile
New user
Florida
44 Posts

Profile of eddie104
Will do - Thank you both!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hmmm. I actually have that as an 8x10 glossy... somewhere. I've moved a few times since and it's still in a box with other prints and collectibles.

Come to think of it, I have no clue where I got it! Probably at a magic swap meet. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but at the very least we now know they're available.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
If there's a poster of this photo it's not easily found.

An original 8X10 shows up occasionally on Martinka or Ebay for around $60.00 to $80.00.

If it's signed, it's $150.00 and on up depending on how long it's been since one has come up for sale.

They're coming up far less often than they used to, and getting higher and higher prices each time a new one appears for sale, whether signed or unsigned.
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I know there's a print of this photograph hanging up at the Magic Castle right outside of the Parlor, but that doesn't help you much. And there are two similar photos, one featuring the Professor as a young man, and the other, taken many years later, the Professor in the same position, looking much older but just as distinguished, if not more so. They would make a great pair of framed prints for a magician's wall. If you happen to find out where to obtain them, please let me know.
Jimmy Y
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Y
I have been looking for this poster for a while now, without any luck. In fact it's hard to find even the image file on internet, that is large enough to use it as wallaper or print it out myself.
This is the biggest image I've seen so far, http://www.bentreality.net/store/bentrealitystore.html, but still too small to do a print.
L&L Publishing have this image as the cover background for Dai's 8 DVDs revelations set, maybe they have a printable source.
Nice to meet you Smile
Jimmy
Jagy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Jagy
You could use that picture from the above post and rasterbate it:

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
I saw a really nice pic on a Lee Asher video, I think it was taken on Dean D. House, It was Half the young vernon holding the cards and half the old vernon It was breath taking
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Correction: I have the later, white haired Vernon, not the early one. I still don't know where I got it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2539 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Eddie,

Send me a PM.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Quote:
On 2006-06-02 05:36, Jagy wrote:
You could use that picture from the above post and rasterbate it:

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

These guys have definately got a sense of humour, there is an FAQ section titled Rasterbation....... very childish I know but it still made me laugh
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
THIS is the image you are talking about.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
eddie104
View Profile
New user
Florida
44 Posts

Profile of eddie104
Yes