The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: The Fuzzy Pass & The Triangle of Death! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
No, this isn't a new pass... just a comment on the quality of my video below. Smile

In his book 'The Pass', Gary Ouellet speaks of The Triangle of Death... a partly visible area on the top of the deck where you run the risk of exposure... many will have already realised through their own experimentation that the more you turn away from the spectator, and the more you face the long side of the deck (opposite the break) towards him, the more any exposure is covered.

Anyway, here's a video of the riffle pass... I hadn't actually meant to film it from this angle but since I have it I thought I'd use it to illustrate a point... even an average pass can look OK from this angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPhZ0_jq_Gw

Hope you like.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5484 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Like it? No. Love it!! The angle is terrific. Thanks, Neo.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Thanks, Magiguy. Glad you liked it!
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Yes, great angle indeed. well done! looks very nice.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Very nice!
Self concept is destiny..
rambam
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of rambam
It so good, you see nothing, just the way it should be!!
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Maybe it's just a very well executed riffle pass...
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
Uuuh, Very nice!! Smile
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
That looked beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Juble
Nice one Neo - also liked your combination pass on YOUTUBE!
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
It looked excellent!Good job.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2006-05-29 17:32, NeoMagic wrote:
Anyway, here's a video of the riffle pass... I hadn't actually meant to film it from this angle but since I have it I thought I'd use it to illustrate a point... even an average pass can look OK from this angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPhZ0_jq_Gw

Hope you like.
I do like. An average pass ay? I'd freak if I had an average pass like that Smile That was very nice Neo...alas, my pass sux Smile

<<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Fantastic! It really looked great! Thanks for sharing!

Rannie
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
aiki
View Profile
Regular user
Middletown NY
181 Posts

Profile of aiki
Ok, where is the video of someone who has an average pass. That was way better than average.
Ray K.

Till we meet again!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-05-31 14:56, aiki wrote:
Ok, where is the video of someone who has an average pass. That was way better than average.

LOL that's what I'm saying! That is not average. It would be great if the average pass looked that way. But that is much better than what I'm used to seeing. I don't know if it's because of the camera, but if it looks that good or close to it in person...well then, that's far from average. I think it looks GREAT. Hey Neo, hows about shooting a little tutorial of that pass for me! Because I would love to see how you do that so well.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
186 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
That was great and hopefully it will help me with mine. It inspired me to go practice.
~MindPirate~
www.magicianschoice.net
www.magicofben.com

It can not be...and yet...it can
- Tommy Wonder
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Quote:
On 2006-05-31 15:08, Vandy Grift wrote:

LOL that's what I'm saying! That is not average. It would be great if the average pass looked that way. But that is much better than what I'm used to seeing. I don't know if it's because of the camera, but if it looks that good or close to it in person...well then, that's far from average.

The camera never lies Smile... or perhaps as someone else once said here: most passes look good on webcam. Smile

Quote:
Hey Neo, hows about shooting a little tutorial of that pass for me! Because I would love to see how you do that so well.

For the most part it is based on Fred Robinson's excellent Riffle Pass which I was inspired to learn, like many others no doubt, after watching Peter Duffie perform it (i was fortunate to have a short teaching clip from Peter). I am informed that Fred Robinson's pass will be taught on Peter's second Movie Mastery CD and will of course feature in the forthcoming Fred Robinson book.

As an alternative I can offer you some thoughts on a different and personal handling which also gives great results in my humble opinion. I'll PM you something shortly.
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
No, this is definitely the worst pass I have ever seen in my life Neo...its back to the woodshed for you I'm afraid. OK OK I'm envious, I admit it. I just wish you wouldnt make your skills so...well....so public!!!

Best Wishes,

Paul H
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
^ Paul, I guess it is back to RRTCM, chapter 1, overhand shuffle, for me then! Smile