The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Tommy Wonder's Spellbound (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Forgive me for not remembering the name at the moment, but Tommy Wonder has an incredible Spellbound routine that I've used for years...learned it from his books. I'd highly recommend this routine to anyone that has looked at Spellbound but never used it.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Would you know if it is in his Video's?
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
I know it can be found in Spectacle by Stephen Minch. That book is full of gems.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
It is described in his two volume book. It has a counterfeit theme, I think. You change both sides of two coins individually. I did it once at a magic club competition. Rick, is this how you present it?
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Did you win? : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I do the same routine that he describes in the book. From what I gathered in his description he came up with this routine to enable him to be able to do Spellbound while taking the heat off the coins as being "trick" coins...each time you do the magic with the coin, you're leaving the evidence of the magic in the hands of the spectator...ingenius stuff!

In fact, kenodad, it's called "Counterfeiter's Spellbound".

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
vinkelhaken
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
179 Posts

Profile of vinkelhaken
I have the Book of Wonders, but it does not describe specific Spellbound changes but refer to some other sources. Are the routine differently described in Spectacle by Stephen Minch or is it the same text?

I use silver dollars which - I feel - limit the choices of moves. Could someone please advice some sources for Spellbound moves with silver dollars.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Awesome routine . . .
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Quote:
On 2006-12-18 10:45, vinkelhaken wrote:
I use silver dollars which - I feel - limit the choices of moves. Could someone please advice some sources for Spellbound moves with silver dollars.

Why should the moves be different? The coins are larger, yes. So you have to adapt.
Tommy's routine is very well thought out.
I remember being extremely impressed by a spellbound routine from R. Paul Wilson. It looked like he used some weird gimmick, but no. Pure sleight of hand! Later I bought it from him in one of his lecturenotes.
Combine these moves with tommy's plot and you have an amazing routine!

Oh yes, I recall Paul using dollar sized coins ;-)
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2006-12-18 10:45, vinkelhaken wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFBwVhMyeiA
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Interesting. I like both Wilson's and Wonder's Spellbound routines very much and had exactly the same problem with both of them.
I could never find an end for them. For me they just went from silver to copper to silver to copper, etc. This was particularly annoying with the Wonder routine since the Counterfeit patter was inspired and I didn't want to go the route suggested by Minch and produce a jumbo coin.
For that reason I drifted more towards Spellbound routines like Paul Chosse's, Curtis Kam's and, inspired by Eric Jones, "Hellbound" variations. These routines, for me at least, have a definitive beginning and end.
Obviously the people posting here solved that ending problem. I really like to know how. As I said I like the Wilson and Wonder routines very much and would like to use them.