The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Review Wanted: The Carlyle Touch DVD (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
I would like a review of The Carlyle Touch: An Evening With E. Raymond Carlyle - DVD. Here is some more information about the DVD:

This is a DVD of Carlyle’s complete lecture in great detail. Carlyle has performed this lecture across the US, England and other countries. Many have called it the best lecture on Mentalism in years. Now you can own this acclaimed lecture to play over and over in the privacy of your own home. The lecture contains nine effects that are all his and audience tested. It also contains his famous Mediums Grip, which is shown in great detail. The grip was made famous at the Hollywood Magic Castle where he was the first medium of the Houdini Séance. I've never heard of E. Raymond Carlyle before and wanted to know if this DVD is worth purchasing. Thank you.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Hi,
I was privileged to be present at the filming of this lecture with Rick Maue and Deceptions Unlimited, and I believe it has some very good material on it. Here is an old thread that discusses the DVD that you might find helpful:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
The best feature is the explanation of his "Working Mentalist's Dictionary." Otherwise, I found myself getting uncomfortable watching the video: the jokes, presentation, and a general lack of credibility.
fib
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Thank you jkvand and fib for your replies. I have heard different opinions about this DVD but wasnt' sure because I've never seen it reviewed anywhere. I'll also take a look at the old thread that talks about this DVD.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon