The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Spoon Bending ¬ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of learning to perform the famous spoon bending as part of my walkaround resteraunt act. I hav no idea about this sort of thing so if anyone could give me pointers it would be very appreciated.

1) How much does it cost per spoon/ gimic/ whatever.

2) Is it recomended as a resteraunt act?

3) Pros + Cons

etc

any info would be much appreciated,
m@t Smile
Anasazi
View Profile
New user
Upstate New York
49 Posts

Profile of Anasazi
1. As much as the price of a regular spoon -- it can done impromptu with just about any spoon you may find lying around.

2. You can't go wrong doing effects with props found at the table -- in a word, yes.

3. pros -- it can be done impromptu, and it's something everyone has heard of, but few have seen outside of The Matrix (there is no spoon...)

I learned from the Patrik Kuff's video. I haven't seen any others so I can't comment on the quality of them. Whichever way you go, make sure you really understand the psychology of what is happening -- putting your spectator's in the right mood will enhance the effect to something beyond a regular "trick".

Good luck.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Look in Penny for your thoughts for more information
David Fletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of David Fletcher
Check with the restaurant first. If you want to have steady work there. At one place I made a deal to purchase from their wholesale restaurant supply house - the same stuff they use at their tables. Then I was free to bend spoons, forks and even break some spoons.
It is some of the strongest stuff you can do.
You have to give it away to keep it.
Harry R
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Harry R
You can practise on any cheap cutlery. Wilkinson's stores sell individual pieces for around 40p. Better still are charity shops that often have big selections of cutlery for a few pence.
The Psychokinetic Silverware video is a great place to start learning the techniques and even shows Banachek performing his routine in various restaurants. It's available at: http://www.magictricks.co.uk/prodshow.asp?code=346
m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
thanks guys for all your help- i guess its Psychokinetic Silverware for christmas for me!