The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Christian Conjurer - the good, bad & ugly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Wow I have not been on the magic Café in several years! while doing some research for a trick I created 30 some years ago I came across the Café. so I thought I would take a peek.

I found this thread and see its been revived already. My question is after all this talk here did we really get anything accomplished? is the magazine any better? its still bi monthly.

I ask this as about a year ago I decided it was time for me to really get involved and do more than just talk about it. for those that attended 2019 convention in Indiana or the conference in Tennessee I sincerely hope you enjoyed my lectures and my shows.

but donating my time to these events is just part of what I wanted to do. I for the past year have been writing a column entitled "Elevating our Art" I hope you have enjoyed the articles and that they have helped you elevate your shows, speaking, ballooning, clowning and all around making your presentation of the Gospel even more Impactful and effective.

as for this discussion about how to improve the magazine and the FCM I think step one is to set realistic standards that are held to the highest levels possible.

I do like that the magazine offers QR codes to watch videos of me and others teaching magic, ballooning etc but agree we need to do more. High quality articles, magic reviews and Magic ideas - meaning I think it would be great idea to have some of the top pros create one gospel routine with a secular prop and we have one of these in each magazine so that means currently 6 times a year we get to see the creation of a new gospel or bible story magic trick. maybe even discussing some of the process that goes into creating the routine. I do this in my lecture and will be sharing one of my creations in an upcoming article.

I also feel that the FCM should reach out to some secular performers and invite them to contribute through out the year if not a regular column. you may have noticed in my column several times I have contacted my magic friends outside of the FCM to share some insights on what I was discussing. Jeff McBride, Jeff Hobson Farrel Dillion and others. and more to come.

the FCM should be on the forefront of out reach ministry and we should be much more effective in raising up high quality performers. I know we can do this. I am praying for our leaders and for wisdom for the future of FCM

magically yours
sam

ps Joey has done a great job working many new aspects to the FCm and the magazine and his hard work has paid off. I am excited to see where we all go next with our new leadership.
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com