The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Do you rip cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ShawnMilo
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of ShawnMilo
Quote:
On 2006-06-01 10:51, Cameron Francis wrote:
The only torn and restored card I use right now is Paul Harris's Ultimate Rip Off. I know, I know, you don't restore the last piece so it's not as strong... Bull. Especially if you don't present the effect as a torn and restored. If you set it up to be another kind of effect, the restoration at the end blows people away. Plus it's easy to do, can be done surrounded, and you only need one card.

I just checked my copy of AoA and found this effect. It looks a lot like "Reincardnation." It just seems like the presentation of the ending is different. Is there any real difference between them? I've never performed either -- just Daniel Garcia's "Torn."
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10964 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A EXCELENT TORN AND RESTORTED CARD EFFECT THAT HAS A FLASH RESTORATIONM THE TRY DAVID ELDRIDGE'S QUATERLY RETURNS....
if piece by piece is your game then Seamless, Torn, Reperation are excellent,
if you want a Tand R effect that only uses one card and is totally impromptu
and is a flash restoration then there is warped and restored by MOI lol
if you want a Tand R with Fire then Torched and restored might be your fancy,
by Brent Braun.
there is also a list if you do asearch of every T r that was ever made cant remember the author
do asearch
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Rodney Reyes' Shed a Tear. From his School of Hardknocks DVD
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
zwong
View Profile
New user
Australia
83 Posts

Profile of zwong
Guy Hollingworth's Reformation for me.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Zwong- You may want to check out J.C. Wagner's Work as Well.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
450 Posts

Profile of johnra
Unripped by Gared Crawford is excellent. Theres lots of misdirection. Plus the pieces can be inspected during the illusion.
I also recomend Torn by DG
Reparation by John Lovick
Ripped and restored by Yves (sorry I cant spell his last name)
Seamless by Glenn West
Fusion by Sean Fields
Attachted by Lance sorry I can't remember his last name
I really like a lot of them
But I really Love Unripped since to me it is a lot like Torn Assunder by Chris Kenner and if you want you can present it almost exactly like David Copperfield did when he performed it.

John
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
cviolette
View Profile
New user
Washington
73 Posts

Profile of cviolette
Guy Hollingworth's Reformation, or Immaculate Connection by Paul Harris
The GingerBread Man
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of The GingerBread Man
I like the torn card bit on the Tommy Wonder video.

Quite well thought out and entertaining with a surprise kicker.

I also love Osmosis from the Harris books I use it all the time.

The GingerBread Man
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
Lansing, MI
161 Posts

Profile of Lash
I think the best version is "Torched and Restored." It is easy to do and it's instananeous which I like better than the piece-by-piece method. You can't go wrong with it.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
The Reformation is definantly the best. You can show the card front and back after each restoration. Guy has obviously put a LOT of thought into this.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1636 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2007-07-15 23:00, Lash wrote:
I think the best version is "Torched and Restored." It is easy to do and it's instananeous which I like better than the piece-by-piece method. You can't go wrong with it.

I second this.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2006-06-01 10:51, Cameron Francis wrote:
The only torn and restored card I use right now is Paul Harris's Ultimate Rip Off. I know, I know, you don't restore the last piece so it's not as strong... Bull. Especially if you don't present the effect as a torn and restored. If you set it up to be another kind of effect, the restoration at the end blows people away. Plus it's easy to do, can be done surrounded, and you only need one card.

Cameron... I'm another fan of Ultimate Rip-off. Also, Tommy Wonder has an excellent handling of this routine using the last piece. It's in his lecture notes.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Tom Mullica has a nice torn and restored that works well when you're at a bar or even on stage... Very fast and very visual. I've used it many times.