The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Gaffless Invisible or Ultra-mental Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Hi Folks, I like this new forum.

As known,the Ultra mental effect can be done with no gaff by Memorised Deck. I am interested in this thread. Mike Close's book has a trick of this. It enlighten me on this subject. I devised a method of doing the Ultra mental with seight of hand and using memorised deck. It may be not new. So I want to know some another method.

What resource can I find on this thread ?

I have shot a demo video of my method.It's not good yet. If you are interested ,pm me for it.

Snowboard
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Snowboard,

I do have an effect called "VISIBLE I.D." You may find it in my site. I will pm you the site and the passwords.

If you plan to do this for laymen, I would suggest the gaffed version. My effect is just for lectures/conventions and club meetings.

Rannie

PS, I would love to see your video!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Kelvin W Sherlock
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Kelvin W Sherlock
Barrie Richardson has a routine, "Optical Brainwave Illusion" from his "Act Two" book. It uses a double-back card but doesn't use a memorized deck.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Simon Aronson has an effect called The Invisible Card which I believe is on his new DVD set and in his book Try the Impossible.

Jack Shalom
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Thank all the reply.

Hi landmark ,
What is the name of Aronson's DVD?
And in his Dvd and Try the impossible, Are there all effect can be done of a common memorised deck?
I am using the Tamaris's deck from Memonica(A great book).

snowboard
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
Snowboard,

Invisible Deck from Try The Impossible works with ANY stack and is relatively easy to do. It's one of the tricks I do out of that book--the book as a whole is fantastic.

Cesar
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I am interested to know the reason you want to perform ID effect with a normal deck. Do you want to perform other tricks after ID without changing deck?

In case I perform other tricks after doing ID, I will say "This deck of cards becomes invisible soon, so I will use another deck for the next magic".

Hideo Kato
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Hi Hideo

One reason is I lost my ID and don't want to buy another one.haha

Seriously I want to learn more of the using memory deck. And I do the ID effect as mantalism ,ask a spectator think of a card,ask him to change his mind.I try to force his mind to my card. No the same to a prediction plot.

I can perform it among my stack deck routine.And everything can be examined.

snowboard
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5207 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Darwin Ortiz Last Laugh is a real winner: a variation of invisible deck and smiling mule. Extremely strong effect.
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Quote:
On 2006-05-28 13:20, Kjellstrom wrote:
Darwin Ortiz Last Laugh is a real winner: a variation of invisible deck and smiling mule. Extremely strong effect.

yeaj, I fool me badly when he get the four of clubs out from the 2 Aces.

I happened to the same miracle,When a spectator named four of clubs. I use Tamaris stack. What was Darwin use?
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Quote:
On 2006-05-18 22:14, Hideo Kato wrote:
I am interested to know the reason you want to perform ID effect with a normal deck. Do you want to perform other tricks after ID without changing deck?

Hideo Kato

I think a huge bonus to performing and ID effect with a normal deck is that the spectator can spread the cards themselves. With the right psychology, it can be remembered as if the magician never touched the cards. A true miracle.

Trevor
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Have you ever had that bonus? Do you think that bounus is bigger than the different bonus which you can get by perfoming ID with gaffed deck?

Hideo Kato
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Quote:
On 2006-06-04 16:03, therntier wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-05-18 22:14, Hideo Kato wrote:

Hideo Kato

I think a huge bonus to performing and ID effect with a normal deck is that the spectator can spread the cards themselves. With the right psychology, it can be remembered as if the magician never touched the cards. A true miracle.

Trevor

I'd think that most people who have watched a performance of "Invisible Deck" (the gaffed one) would probably argue that they saw a true miracle - regardless of whether or not they handled the deck themselves.
tjo'
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Quote:
On 2006-06-05 06:48, Hideo Kato wrote:
Have you ever had that bonus? Do you think that bounus is bigger than the different bonus which you can get by perfoming ID with gaffed deck?

Hideo Kato

I agree that ID is a miracle whether it's gaffed or not. When I do it with a memo deck , I have had spectators say after the effect that, "He never touched the deck". I don't know if this makes the effect more astonishing, like I said, it's a miracle either way. But this statement will never be said by a spectator using the gaffed deck.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Thanks for the clarification.

Hideo Kato
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Quote:
On 2006-05-19 03:17, snowboard wrote:

One reason is I lost my ID and don't want to buy another one.

Then make one. What you need to know is all over this site...