The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Rhing Thing DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
If it's any additional motivation for you Rolly, go back and watch the demo again Smile.

The effect is worth the frustration and extra bit of work.

Bosco
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
RollyD
7 to 8 is the meat of the move. Take a day off to clear your head. I did not have an easy time with either Pinnacle, or rhing thing, and you need to do both tricks together to get the most bang for your buck. Soon you will be contacted by Vince, because he always follows through.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Quote:
On 2006-11-17 21:00, RollyD wrote:
I recently purchased Vince's pdf file for this rubber band effect ...

Hi Rolly,
Is it an instant download? considering Vince is a busy guy I'm afraid he could not response the order quickly. I tried contacting Vince asking the same question but no answer, that's why I posponed my order. Thanks.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
RollyD
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of RollyD
Hi Jeff,
No, unfortunately, its not an instant download. I think he has a pretty busy schedule. It was closer to 5 or 6 days after payment before I got the manuscript. However, I heard he is a stand up kinda guy and you will receive the manuscript. If I can get through this mental block Im having right now, I bet it will be worth it. Im taking Al's advice and putting it down for a few days to clear my head.
Rolly
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Thanks for the info Rolly, I just realized that the web page mention it will be sent in 48 hours after the order is confirmed.
I bought the manuscript anyway, it's a great effect... worth waiting...

Thanks,
Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
RollyD
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of RollyD
Al,
Vince sent me a response to my email with my rhing thing woes with a slightly different description than what he had in the manuscript. It solved my problem! I was missing one key element that made the effect fail. I guess he really stands by his work and is willing to help other magicians who purchase his work.
Rolly
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Rolly
Vince showed me that second handling, the results are the same, but you can get into it a little quicker. After you learn pinnacle you will see where pinnacle, and rhing thing fit together.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Al Angello
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Has anyone received any updated info from Vince about the Rhing Thing DVD?

Bosco
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Just coming on board here now after PMing Al and discussing some Rubberband Magic.

I first got interested several years ago, and purchased a couple of Dan's video's. Last year I purchased Pinnacle, but have 'yet' to get some good rubber bands to begin learning. Actually I did buy a box of bands, and then we moved, and now I've NO idea where that box is.

I haven't visited MVD yet to check out Vince's work, but will go there shortly.

From the POSITIVE reviews his manuscript is getting, I think it must be worth the close to 30.00 Canuck coin it will cost.

So, does anyone have any idea if Vince is still going to release the DVD for this?

I don't mind purchasing the pdf now, but if the DVD is 'soon' coming, I would rather wait. I learn much better from DVD's.

This may be a 'little' off topic, but does anyone here know ANYTHING of Slydini's rubberband routine? I bought the booklet a year or so ago, but had a lot of trouble understanding the moves, so like Rolly, it ended up back on the shelf collecting dust. It reads and sounds like a great routine.

smitty
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Any news of Vince Mendoza rubber band DVD?? This purchase will be a MUST!!
peanut808
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of peanut808
IDK but I ordered the manuscript about 4 days ago, and it has yet to arrive. So much for 48 hours... Vince! If you're reading this please email my manuscript. I'm getting very antsy!!!!!!!!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Peanut
Welcome to the Magic Café. Vince travels a lot, and always sends out his manuscripts.
eztravlr
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of eztravlr
Hey Al, thanks for vouching for Vince. I actually spoke with him just a little while ago and he told me that he just sent out Happy Dangs order. He's really tired. A friend of his just had some major heart surgery and he's been with her pretty much all week. As for the DVD, he says sorry, but it's not even really on his radar right now.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Does anyone know if Vince checks his emails/orders? It's not like anything needs to be shipped, just a pdf file point and click right?
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Does anyone know the status on the DVD?
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Bueller?..... Bueller?.... anyone?

B2B Magazine Test!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
Having heard about but never seen "the move" I hear so much about by Vince, I contacted him to inquire about the status of the DVD. I know the lecture notes are available, but video instruction works a LOT better for me when it comes to digital manipulation.

Vince reports the DVD project has been pretty much scrapped -- despite comments two years ago that said it was in post-production. Sigh...I sure would like to see the routine. Daniel Garcia's rubber band moves are magical...but I'd like to see Vince's.

So...since the DVD ain't happening...how are those pdf lecture notes?

BooRadley
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I purchased the lecture notes, and they are very good. Given that I thought I was going to be in for convoluted (or worse yet incomplete) explanations, I was pleasantly surprised. There are a lot of photos, and the explanations are well written, clear and concise.

A lot more work is needed for me to have this performance ready, but that is a function of practice and not a reflection on the materials. In short, mastering this move will give you the Russ Niedzwicki's 'Miracle Finish' phase ungaffed with a borrowed ring. If the only thing holding you back from getting this is wondering if the notes are worth it--they are.

B2B Magazine Test!