The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Belt clip for Ninja Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I'm looking for a clip that could hold a set of Linking Rings a little smaller than the Ninja Rings. I need something that could clip on my belt, so the rings are hanging free, but also will hide the gaff. Preferably something that can be picked up in town, as I need this for next weekend. Any ideas.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The are different sized velcro fasteners called "Grip Ties".
These can be looped around you belt and would be comfortable as well.

A Google for 'Velcro Grip Ties' will get results.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Check out your local shoe repair (leather) shop.

All you need is a belt loop about an inch or so wide with a strap with a fastener on it.

I have one I got for my Ren Faire garb that's sold as a "tankard strap" or something like that.

Go to http://www.renstore.com and do a search for "tankard." The strap I'm talking about is the first item on the list.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I don't know what would be specifically applicible to your request, but an often overlooked source of gear organizers is a police supply store. We have one here and you can get all kinds of nifty clips, bags, loops, and holsters (for stuff other than guns) that would work well with various magic items. And they have handcuffs, too. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure if you bought the set of ninja rings from Shoot Ogawa, but if you buy his, you get a little thing that hides the gimmick perfectly that can easily be attached to your belt. Its a little cloth loop with a snap and a ring. I just checked for mine and cant find it - otherwise I'd send it to you. I'm sure if you contacted Shoot he could help you out. http://www.holyshoot.com

Ben
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
That clip only comes with the gold rings.

I don't like hearing them jangling around.
My rings bag keeps the k** situated properly and no jangling.

Though I don't really like the clip that comes with the gold rings personally,
it does work as advertised.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I'm not actually using Ninja Rings. Mine are 3", I believe. After playing with them and a short conversation with my friend, who uses the clip with the Ninjas, I think it would be better just to tuck them into my back pocket.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/99133.aspx

Here's one that works for me. Wrap them with velcro at the gaff and hang them together on the hook.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."