The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Palm up Flying Shuttle Pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Im working on a method to do the Flying Shuttle Pass, but with both hands palm up. I wonder if this has been done before, and if it has is my method different.
Thanks
Rik
Damager56
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Damager56
Palm up flying shuttle pass?
sounds interesting
do you keep your hands palm up during the whole process?
I haven't heard of anything like this before
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
If the coin starts in the left hand, it turns over just to throw the coin into the right, and then turns back.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
If you are talking about Backclip/Pinching it to make moves "cleaner" by showing the palm, stuff like that has definatly been done before on a wide array of moves.

I don't know if taking an existing move and saying "hey I could backclip/tenkai after that and show my palm empty!" warrents originality... I think that the trick is learning when to apply those moves at the right time, and when not to use them.

I mean, I've never had any problems with the flying shuttle pass and havent felt the need to show my hands palm up...

Anyway though, if you are talking about something different than just backclip/pinching then you might be onto something if its really clean and easy to get in/out of....
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27305 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-05-01 03:55, Sleightly Small wrote:
Im working on a method to do the Flying Shuttle Pass, but with both hands palm up. I wonder if this has been done before, and if it has is my method different.
Thanks
Rik

First, what would have you believe that such had not been explored before? What research leads you to suspect you have a novel approach?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27305 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Working with both hands palm up ( or almost palm up, certainly palms showing ) was explored when billiard moves were moved down to use fingerpalm. Some have explored using backclip as well.

What really counts is how well these approaches work for you when you perform. It's all for the audience.
...to all the coins I've dropped here