The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Balloons Mouth Blowing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
This is really irritating. I would like to learn how to blow balloons by mouth (the modelling ones) just to do two tricks, Jeff McBride's (I forgot its name) and Kenton Knepper's Stretching the Boundaries.

All I need is to inflate a couple of inches. That's it! No long hours of inflating, I prefer a pump for that. But I am a little afraid because I am exerting a lot of pressure for nothing.

Any help? Or perhaps I should try to work with Kenton's Trick using a pump.
Yours,

Ivan
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17428 Posts

Profile of joseph
Perhaps you should have this moved to the balloon forum.....You surely would get some help there.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Find a good balloon book or teacher -- there IS a technique to it.

CW
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Quote:
On 2006-05-01 12:56, Comedy Writer wrote:
Find a good balloon book or teacher -- there IS a technique to it.

CW

That was very helpful
Yours,

Ivan
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
FIRST read about the health complications of mouth inflating balloons.:
http://www.balloonhq.com/faq/health.html#complications

THEN read this:
http://www.balloonhq.com/faq/inflating.html

have fun.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Hello Ivan:

I've been mouth inflating balloons now for 20 years. It's really not that hard to learn. But, there IS technique to it.

You have to learn to blow from your diaphram, and not your cheeks.

The way I started many years ago; I really stretched the first 2 or 3 inches near the end of the balloon, and then when I began to blow, I would stretch the balloon just a little. Doing this, it's usually quite easy to get that first bubble started.

I also hold the end of the balloon 'up' and not 'out' from my mouth, tilting my head back. I just find this easier.

Let me know if this helps any, and feel free to PM me anytime if you have anymore questions.

I know there is controversy over mouth inflating, but I've not had ANY problems in the 20 years I've done it, nor had any complaints from anyone.

But, a hand pump is also a cheap investment, and perhaps this would also work for you.

BEST...

smitty