The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: CD To Cassette ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to transfer the contents of a CD to a Cassette?
Thank-you.
Rich
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Just curious here but why do you want to transfer from cd to cassette?
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I have a PA System with a built in cassette player.I have to transfer some tracks to cassette so I can play them.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Use a hi-fi stereo system ..one that has both the cd player and cassette recorder. play the c.d and press record on the cassette player.

easy!
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I tried that on my Sony Dual cassette/CD player.Although it recorded cassette to cassette,CD to cassette didn't record.

PS.A seperate CD player plugged into my PA does not suit my purposes.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2970 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
As macGyver stated, some (I think most) CD/cassette players WILL record cd to cassette- I've done it. Find one that will, I'd say. Smile The sound quality may not always translate well, though.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Thanks ALL for your help.It looks like I will have to get a new CD /Cassette player that will record from CD to cassette.Best.
Rich
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2970 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Smile Smile
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
If you must go the complicated route :

method :
you will need : a cd player with RCA output and a casstte recorder or Hi-Fi with RCA input..
connect the two (you may have to switch the cassette recorder to AUX input- which in very simple terms mean to take the signal from the RCA inputs aka auxillary)

as long as you have a cd playing device that has RCA output you can plug it into anything!

good luck! Alternatively just take it down to a local sound studio and ask them to please "dump this cd to tape"
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Sorry, I just reread my post and boy did I miss the obvious answer. I now know why you need it. I have got to start getting more sleep..hehehe

Steven