The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ball and vase - where to buy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
1) A well made 'ball and vase': The lid fits on the middle part (of course) but also on the lower part (after the middle part was secretly lapped or otherweise vanished). It is supplied with two different coloured balls. These balls are not as big as Ping Pong-balls, but on the other hand they are not too small. The middle part is very thin, so nobody realizes, when it is missing.
Can anybody please help me with information, where to buy this special item?

2. Question: Does the trick exist with eggs instead of balls?
Vater Araignee
View Profile
Regular user
MI
172 Posts

Profile of Vater Araignee
If you have access to a wood lathe then with practice you could produce a very nice one to your exact requirement including doing it with eggs.
Recommendationmake one or two with cheap stock lumber before you say this teak, cherry, oak, etc. etc. is going to turn out gorgeous.
"Good enough never is." - Vater Araignee
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Thank you, but I have no skill in working with my hands (except: magic). But perhaps you want to produce one with a medium blue and white egg and offer it to tenyo?
Best regards from wonderful Vienna!
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
You might want to check out Jim Riser's page: http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html

Look at about the middle of the page. He may be able to make you a custom Ball & Vase.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Quote:
On 2006-05-08 10:25, Agathon wrote:
You might want to check out Jim Riser's page: http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html
Look at about the middle of the page. He may be able to make you a custom Ball & Vase.

You can't go wrong with Jim Riser's work. He is a craftsman. I've got a few of his pieces and they look great. Very well made and a joy to work with.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Thank you - very, very nice. But a LITTLE bit to expensive (I am sure, it's worth the money, but I don't want to spend so much fot this effect)!
Best regards from wonderful Vienna!

Angelo
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27316 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Yes it exists ( or did exist ) with an egg. I've seen them. It sure looks like an egg cup Smile No idea why one would want to hold a ball in such a thing.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

That's it - why a ball? Tow different eggs, a light-blue one from a dove and a red one from an Australian bird or salamander or whatever). Good story possible about poison or about easter rabbit (which in Austria gives colored eggs to you).
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2770 Posts

Profile of sethb
S.S. Adams makes an Egg Vase, it's available from ELMS, click HERE, and from Daytona Magic, click HERE and scroll down a bit. Get two or three Egg Vases and color the eggs any way you like!

For an inexpensive wooden Ball Vase, click HERE. Good Luck! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Seth - thank you very much for your help!

Angelo
quickhands
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of quickhands
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2006-05-10 10:24, sethb wrote:
S.S. Adams makes an Egg Vase, it's available from ELMS, click HERE, and from Daytona Magic, click HERE and scroll down a bit. Get two or three Egg Vases and color the eggs any way you like!

For an inexpensive wooden Ball Vase, click HERE. Good Luck! SETH

I paid for and got the cheap one from magic warehouse. its pretty unusable.
poor quality, doesn't look like the photo, the fake is not even real close to the same size as the ball. NOT recommended.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.