The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Where can I buy double faced cards with same face? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I need a deck of 52 poker cards that are double faced and each card has the same face on both sides. Anyone know where I can buy a deck like that? Most of the shops just sell a deck of 52 double face but the faces are different on each side.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
This site sells a "twin faced" deck. Only problem is, they're Carta Mundi playing cards so might look a little out of place in a deck of USPCC cards.
Hello.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5207 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Thanks for all the great responses and leads. Very helpful. Smile
escherwolf
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of escherwolf
You might also like to try "Cards by Martin".
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
If you want to buy double faced cards with the same face I strongly suggest that you don't wear make-up. That way you will always have the same face Smile
Long Island,

New York
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The only cards I've seen like that are blank face / blank face.

Other than that you're probably looking at a custom job.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3879 Posts

Profile of Julie
There is (or was) a politically incorrect deck available as a novelty item with the name of "the Polish deck" (or something similar). This deck has the same faces on both sides.

Also Marcello Contendo sold (sells?) a card-wheel/star effect that utilizes this principle.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
That's funny
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I know for a fact that someone makes them, because when I purchased the card effect "Amazing grace" at Hank Lee, it came with these cards. Some other effects I purchased had these cards, too I just don't remember what they were at the moment.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
You can always make your own just get the card splitting dvd
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Most double faced decks come with a few of those - hell I've got tons of em and don't use them.

If you do know of a good routine for these things, please fill me in; I've literally got about 50 of these just sitting around.
Logic Defied
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Yes, I was just going to say that I usually end up with about 10 same face double-facers in each deck I order. Those plus the 4 joker cards and several blank-face-on-one-side cards ends me up with about 30 usable cards. Makes me very upset. Please let me know of a better use than swearing at the dealer.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Aren't there a number of well-known effects using a "Same Both Sides" double-faced deck? Paul Curry included one or two of them in his book "Special Effects" back in the 1970's, and I'm thinking that someone (Glenn Gravatt?) published a whole book entitled "Same Both Sides." I know there's a trick with such a deck in Gravatt's book "Treasure Trove of Magic." I'm surprised these decks are hard to find.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Tdowell,

Try the Art of Card Splitting video. You will save a lot of money if you can do it right.

Cheers!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2006-05-25 17:17, Hushai wrote:
Aren't there a number of well-known effects using a "Same Both Sides" double-faced deck? Paul Curry included one or two of them in his book "Special Effects" back in the 1970's, and I'm thinking that someone (Glenn Gravatt?) published a whole book entitled "Same Both Sides." I know there's a trick with such a deck in Gravatt's book "Treasure Trove of Magic." I'm surprised these decks are hard to find.
Lloyd Jones had a booklet called SBS about these cards.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.