The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Where do the ducks go? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
Back to method for a moment. Didn't the Abbott version work a little differently from most of the others? By this I mean the getaway with the load is routined a little more boldly and the gimmick is positioned differently.

Julie
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, Julie wrote:
Back to method for a moment. Didn't the Abbott version work a little differently from most of the others? By this I mean the getaway with the load is routined a little more boldly and the gimmick is positioned differently.

Julie

Are you referring to the method as used by Blackstone?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
Is the Blackstone method where the assistant catches the ungimmicked separate sides of the box tossed by the performer, using the ungimmicked lid as a tray? If so, that's it!
Julie
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
No, I was thinking of all the ducks that march into the little house, and one assistant "finds" a slippery spot on the floor caused by the water for the reappearance tub at the opposite side of the stage.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
Then Abbott's version may be unique, although "accidental" juggling is involved.

We had three WDTG's over the years. One was made by Abbott's to replace an original apparatus that was stolen after a show when left unattended in a travelling case and maybe thought to be a musical instrument by the thief. The last--which we still have--is a scaled down version made especially for my son to vanish doves when he performed between sets during the time period he travelled with a band (drummer).

Of course, the obvious relationship with Blackstone Sr. and Percy Abbott may indicate this method is a Blackstone brainchild. It's just as gutsy as some of his other most remembered features.

Julie