The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Napkin Rose (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I love the Napkin Rose. I haven't bought the purple or white ones yet; but I have all the other colors available at http://www.NapkinRose.com and use them often. People hold onto those things. Shoot...even my wife has kept several of my less-than-perfect roses that I would've just tossed out! I suggest the Napkin Rose DVD, even if you already know how to make the roses. Not only is Michael Mode a gracious host who teaches the trick well; but he shares several tips in creating, storing and presenting the roses that are great. I had a friend teach me how to make the roses several years ago, but even though I knew how to make the roses, I found the DVD very helpful and well-worth the money.
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
290 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I'm a sucker for good giveaways. The napkin rose is a great one. On the DVD Michael Mode shows how to make a standard one and a smaller one. I believe he calls the smaller one a "tea rose". The smaller version is the one I prefer. Although making them is easy, I also suggest getting the DVD. Mr. Mode gives a couple effects to do with the rose and also gives suggestions about how to use it to market yourself/place of employment. The special napkins are a bit pricey, but if you buy a 3-pack you can save some money.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
You need to read / see whatever simon lovell has to say/do about this.

I just rode the subway back from simon's weekly show and he uses the rose in his show and it gets a great reaction. of course he's put a lot of thought into how he presents it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Frank,

Great to see you at the show! I hope enjoyed the other bits as well as the rose of course!

Come back anytime ... make it soon because, by my calculations, I owe you a beer!

Oh, the musical mice said to say hi as well!

Simon
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I learned the napkin rose from Michael Mode, and I do it all the time in all the colors he sells, but my wife has the white one Simon Lovell made for her on her desk. If he did not live 100 miles away from me I would be jealous.
HAVE FUN
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
No need to be jealous Al, I promise I won't steal your wife ... only her heart!

Simon
magicmode
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of magicmode
Thanks to all for your kind comments about my Napkin Roses and my DVD. It's so great to hear from all of you who are making memories with the Napkin Roses.

It was great meeting Al in Colon this past August at the Get Together.

Bundy... I'm in Miami performing at the auto show until Sunday, October 15th. I'll PM you with my cell number. Give me a call if you want to come to the show. I know Kissimmee is a little drive but it would be great to hang out.

Michael Mode
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2006-10-13 03:42, magicmode wrote:
Bundy... I'm in Miami performing at the auto show until Sunday, October 15th. I'll PM you with my cell number. Give me a call if you want to come to the show. I know Kissimmee is a little drive but it would be great to hang out.

Michael Mode

Unfortunately, I can't possibly swing a drive down to Miami this weekend. ...And now I'm bummed out because of it! Sure would've liked to have caught your performance. Hopefully, there will be opportunities in the future.
...And for the record, it's "Bendy," (short for Benedict). Bundy makes me sound like I'm related to a serial killer! Smile ...But I forgive you!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2006-10-08 10:49, Simon Lovell wrote:
Frank,

Great to see you at the show! I hope enjoyed the other bits as well as the rose of course!

Come back anytime ... make it soon because, by my calculations, I owe you a beer!

Simon

Hi Simon,
Yes. The musical mice. I'm surprised they remembered me.
I doubt you'd be surprised to hear that I've never seen anything like that before in my life! I very much enjoyed the whole show. Mice and all!
See you for a beer. Hopefully sooner than later.
Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Sounds good to me Frank!

Squeek!

Simon
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Simon, good to see you. After the basic how to make it the most important things I learned about the napkin rose I learned from you at M.A.E.S. one year as we talked in Carlisle. Like every great piece its about the emotion and the experience, not about the prop. The prop just allows the means to revisit the moment days, weeks, months, and, yes, even years later.

Quote:
On 2006-10-08 10:49, Simon Lovell wrote:
Frank,

Simon
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
Is the new handling included on the current DVD?