The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Signed Bill To Sealed Sugar Packet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
There's a marketed signed coin to sugar packet by Diamond Jim Tylor called "How Sweet It Is." Not exactly signed bill, but a coin is still money.
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Ok....got it!
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Diamond Jim Tylor's "How Sweet It Is" is a 100% WORKER! If you are performing anywhere there are Sweet-N-Low packets around I would HIGHLY recommend that you get this. The reactions I have gotten from little effect have been VERY strong. It's easy to do, the pocket space is minimal, and the reset is a few seconds.

The props are pretty basic...the moves are simple...however what really makes this routine is Jim's "timing" of the moves and the "framing" of the effect.

In short...a GREAT way to spend $10.00!

I hope this helps,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
You have to see the Forbes' version of this trick to fully understand what Mr. Cowan was talking about. It is a reputation maker and it's a miracle in Michael's hands. Signed bill vanishes and appears in a sealed sugar packet that the spectator selects.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
Yo Fishermagic--where are you seeing "How Sweet It Is" for $10? It's $15 where I'm finding it. How about helping me change that big pricetag for a small one...with some internet link magic!

Thanks in advance,

BooRadley
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Cody all I find from him is his pocketful of miracles. Where can I find "How Sweet it is"
tlfdoc
View Profile
New user
Appleton, WI
27 Posts

Profile of tlfdoc
Where is the Forbes trick demo'd? Is it online?
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Diamond Jim's "How Sweet It Is" routine can be found in his "Precious Gems" Lecture Notes.
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
I just bought it here, no charge for shipping: http://www.mymagic.com/tyler.htm

I probably should have bought "Precious Gems", which includes several effects, but someone said there is a special "gaff" of some sort. Usually, it's nothing all that special that you couldn't do yourself, but I wasn't paying enough attention. Oh well...if I really like Diamond Jim's stuff, maybe I'll look at his other items.

BooRadley
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
BooRadley
What did you think of " How Sweet it is " ? Was it something you will use ? I would appreciate any feedback.

Thankyou
Amerigo
Magic is Everywhere
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
I think it's a good effect, although once I got the package, I completely changed it around to do it a similar, but different way. The original handling is very good, but as soon as I read it, it gave me some other ideas. It's not exactly self-working, but the reactions are good. I posted my variation in the "Secret Sessions" section.

BooRadley
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
In Harry Lorayne's Apocalypse Volume 6? You will find a time tested variation of How Sweet It Is! by David Ben: A borrowed and signed bill is destroyed and is found in a sealed sugar packet.

Otherwise, Diamond Jim Tyler's How Sweet It Is! is a killer effect!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4885 Posts

Profile of gdw
Sadly, I did not enjoy Ben's method, even though I love most of his work, I just found that if I would go that route, I wouldn't even bother with the thumb tip, yeah I said it, the TT word.

I do love the idea of letting the spec tear the sealed packet.

Anyone know where I could find some tips on opening the sugar packets cleanly, with out tearing that is? Splitting them I guess.

Thanks
Glenn
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
magicmanci15
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmanci15
Does Diamond Jim Tylers lecture notes, Precious Gems describe how to make the gimmick for "How Sweet it is?" Id much rather get the book, and get a few extra DJT effects with the deal.thanks

In Live at the Jailhouse: A Guide to Restaruant Magic, Kozmo has a pretty straight forward bill to sugar packet called Sweet and low surprise. I like it a lot, its very simple and hits them very hard.

Ivan

Ivan
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Id second Sweet and low surprise from kozmo
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Dear magicmanci15,

How Sweet It Is includes the necessary gimmicks when you buy the packaged effect for $15.00. However, the gimmicks needed are common items that can be found with a little searching and the instructions for the trick are in my Precious Gems lecture notes that also include 8 other routines for only $20.00. So for $5.00 more you get 8 more routines.

Many times I'll perform my Ring and String routine and have the borrowed ring appear inside the sealed sugar packet. It could be anything that would fit inside a sugar packet, like a signed bill.

Coin slides do not work for sugar packets. Rather than explaining why.. try it and find out. Knowing that was the evolution of my trick How Sweet It Is.

Yours,
Diamond Jim Tyler
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I respectfully disagree with Diamond Jim. Coin slides will work with sugar packets. I'm currently performing a signed quarter to sealed sugar packet that the spectator opens themselves. All I can say is...it is not self working.

Rich B.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2723 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2006, Jeffrey Cowan wrote:
Let me remove all speculation from this thread:

Michael Forbes DOES have a signed bill to sugar packet effect, which he has performed for years and which is a true reputation-maker. Just ask some of the magicians he fried with it at Fechter's or the Magic Castle. Better still, ask some of Michael's corporate and celebrity clients around the world who have booked him over other magicians specifically to see this exclusive effect.

As Michael's lawyer, I can confirm that Michael holds a copyright on the effect as he performs it and it is also a protected trade secret pursuant to the Uniform Trade Secrets Act. I can also advise, however, that Michael has been toying with the idea of releasing this on a limited basis. When it happens, it won't be inexpensive and it likely WILL require signing a confidentiality/license agreement similar to the Fitch-Kohler Holdout agreement -- which should give you an idea about just how good his routine is.

- Jeffrey Cowan

Not really sure as about Michael's version as I never saw it nor about his age but would bet it's Brian Gillis's routine which goes back to the days of when he and I was performing at Buster Mugg's. The l****r is the real secret. Pretty sure we were in the picture long before Mr. Forbes. Just a few verifications.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "