The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Obtaining specific double-faced cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
majical
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of majical
Is there any way I can obtain specific double-faced cards? For example, if I wanted a 2c/8c card, I proably won't get that exact card in a standard pack of double-faced cards. So is there any way that I can obtain specific pairs?

(I've tried splitting cards myself; however, I am not proficient enough to make convincing cards)

Any suggestions?
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
This might do the trick...
Hand Made Custom Cards:
We have been making hand made cards for well over 25 years now. Basically you tell us what you need, and we will make it up for you. Double Face card/ Double Back card/ Half and Half (side by side) or (top & bottom)/ Diagonal Splits/ each card: $ 2.00
http://www.martinismagic.com/Products.html
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5484 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2006-04-15 14:34, majical wrote:
(I've tried splitting cards myself; however, I am not proficient enough to make convincing cards)

Any suggestions?

Majical,
What method of splitting are you using? I purchased a copy of Martini's Art of Card Splitting (DVD) and had the knack after just a few concentrated attempts. You do need to buy the proper materials but this is by no means much of an investment (I found more than half of it between two "Dollar" stores). I highly recommend the DVD.

Of course, NeoMagic also has a good suggestion, and if you just need a few cards the price is certainly right.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Skulldini
View Profile
New user
N. California
80 Posts

Profile of Skulldini
Try Neil Lester at http://www.CardsbyMartin.com He can make anything your looking for.
Skulldini
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-04-15 14:34, majical wrote:
Is there any way I can obtain specific double-faced cards? For example, if I wanted a 2c/8c card, I proably won't get that exact card in a standard pack of double-faced cards. So is there any way that I can obtain specific pairs?

Any suggestions?

Tell me what you need. I am an old hand at it. As long as you don't need a gazillion cards, I can make you up a few pairs.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Ok everyone, I will apologize up front for my lack of knowledge with gaffed cards but I need to ask. Double faced cards are cards with one suit of card on one end and another on the opposite end,is this correct? If not then I am way off here but if it is then I have a question for DaffyDoug. Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge with the cards but I am in the process of learning more.

Thanks
Steven
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Steven,

Double faced cards are just that. They have the face of one card on one side, and when you turn it over, instead of the normal back design, have the face of another card, which is completely different. There is no back design as it only has faces.

The cards your talking about are specially gaffed cards used for, among other things, effects like 3 Card Monte or something where you might not need to show the entire card, but rather the pips in a card fan, showing a selected card has somehow changed places and is somewhere else.

Hope this helps.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Cards by Martin can make any combinations and is located here in Los Angeles.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Thanks mrunge that does help. I have been trying to find this type of card for awhile. And Pete what can I say,you are always here at the Café for lots of help. I will give them a checking out and see what they can do. Again, thank you both for your help.

Steven
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Pete do you have a link to them? Would like to go and see what they can do for me.

Steven
Kelvin W Sherlock
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Kelvin W Sherlock
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Thank you for the link. I will send them an email and ask for the cards I am looking for.

Thanks
Steven
magicbar
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicbar
Best of luck!!