The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Ghost Deck - UV? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ben Shawcross
View Profile
New user
Cardiff UK
86 Posts

Profile of Ben Shawcross
I was under the impression that the Ghost Deck glows under UV light, but I just bought one and it doesn't glow at all. Are they all like this or is an 'edition' thing?
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I'm not sure. never tried it with mine.
I will and let you know Smile

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
It says it does on the product info page, maybe you should call the retailer...
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2249 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Ghosts do glow under blacklight. Perhaps you have a different kind of UV light?

Also, standard incandescent (bulb type) blacklights are not very good for this sort of thing. Try a flourescent (tube type) bulb.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
magiczim
View Profile
New user
Philly
67 Posts

Profile of magiczim
There are 2 kinds of blacklight. long wave and short wave. ghosts glow differently under each one
"We live within the recreation of others" - René Lavand
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Ok , I tested mine and it does glow.
I too think , it may be the light

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Ben Shawcross
View Profile
New user
Cardiff UK
86 Posts

Profile of Ben Shawcross
I'm using an 18" fluorescent tube, which works great with the Tiger deck. The only other UV light I have is the small LED keyring. I'll see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the posts!
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2249 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
If you're unsure, put your Ghosts and a deck of regular Bikes together under the same light sources. You should be able to tell a clear difference between the two.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
378 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
If I'm not mistaken anything light colored or white will glow under UV light. Simply because of the non-glowing contrast of all the dark around it.
I'm sure someone here knows more about this than I. And they will post saying that they do and that I'm wrong.

All I know is when I'm wearing a white t-shirt and I'm running around in the dark Lazer Tag arena and all the UV lights are on.. I glow...
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2249 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
It depends on the object. Some papers react much better than others. For some reason, regular decks of cards do not respond to blacklight.

White clothes, like t-shirts and socks glow brightly. Some ticket stubs, business cards, and inks show up, others do not.

Orange and Yellow Sharpie inks work quite well.

I do know that there is an absolute difference between a deck of normal bikes and the Ellusionist decks. See link for photo. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/M......1233.jpg

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
erodoeht
View Profile
New user
Adelaide, South Australia
45 Posts

Profile of erodoeht
Yes they do glow, and a good effect is to turn off the lights and leave just the black light, and do something like a haunted deck!