The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Question: De'vo's cobra cut collection (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
erodoeht
View Profile
New user
Adelaide, South Australia
45 Posts

Profile of erodoeht
Hi all,
after sieving through the past 2 years of posts on this DVD, I was still wondering about something, and that is whether those with shortened thumbs will be able to do this.
This is due to a logical question that popped into my mind, which is how you are supposed to grasp the packet between the pad on the top phalange of your thumb and your thumb crotch as it would be impossible to do the cut if you were not able to do this.
Moreover, most of the reviews on this were how the teaching was. and not whether it is technically possible to do it.
I have heard many say "well de'vo's son is 7 years old and can do it" and other comments. I believe that anatomically everybody is different and there are some of us who are disadvantaged by having distorted fingers and extremely short thumbs. Is there anyone who has encountered this problem with not being able to grasp the deck that is supposed to be split into 2 in the thumb crotch in the basic cobra or knows anyone who has had the problem while learning this cut?
Please let me know what you/they think.
Thanks in advance.
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
I have that problem. It surely impedes the process of perfecting the cut. Even if I could grasp the packet-the cut is impossible. Where did you hear Devo's son could do it?
erodoeht
View Profile
New user
Adelaide, South Australia
45 Posts

Profile of erodoeht
I heard it on the boards over at the SH forums...
It's funny why you only hear positive reviews all the time but not the negative reviews from those who were not technically able to achieve it