The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: So Weird! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Well, this is pretty strange:

Every time I have Jack in the cage, and then take him out, as soon as he comes out, he poops! Its a routine now!: I have this fork that I scoop up his droppings from the floor, etc, and throw them int he garbage... So, whenever Jack is taken out of the cage, I hold the fork under his butt, (and I can kinda see his rear feathers start to open up) and he goes right on the fork!!

Just the other day, my friend was over, and I was like "Hey, watch this." And I took Jack out of the cage, and said outloud "Poop!"... And Jack pooped right onto the fork! I sware, my friend was astonished! That had me on the floor laughing so hard!!

Well, just thought I'd give you guys a little laugh...
-Vinnie
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4864 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Vinnie, that will happen if you are handling him shortly after he eats. It's a nervous reaction which he has no control over. That's why it's a good idea not to feed him before a show. My standard practice is to feed my birds after a show and not during the day of one. There's always the chance that an accident will occur during the act and it's happened to all of us, just not regularly.
Where the magic begins
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Like Dave said, it's a common reaction. Parrots do the same as well. It's like they wait to see us before they start gunslinging. You can put somones eye out with that stuff.
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Unfortunately my toucans, and cockatoo both did this. This turned into several great gags later in the show. I would produce the bird, start talking about it, and it would **** on the stage!!! I finally added about 3 great lines to the show to work off of this.

use it to your advantage!

Dave
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
"I said 'sit'!" Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Andrew
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Andrew
Few things can we count on in this life, but one that never fails is that my doves will always demostrate their ability to relieve themselves of internal waste during a show.
Regardless of how long it is since they've been fed, no matter the time of the show, the size of the audience or the dignity of those present, they appear, bow and then proceed to empty themselves. I've tried to bargin with them, offered them treats, promised to raise their wages, even threatened to tell their parents (to which they point out that it was from them that they learned) all to no avail.
It is price we pay in order to have them in our (their?) shows.

Andrew
Andrew
Professional Provider of Wonderment!
www.andrewsfamilymagic.com