The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Bind hands of a spectator (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
Of course I know some methods to bind (tie) my hands and come magically free. Exists there a method to tie the hands of a spectator and he is not able to come free, but with a 'magic touch' of the performer he is immediately free? Thank you for help!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Yes, sort of.. no specific answer, but a few ideas.

Most of the effects that I've seen that involve tying the spectator, involve tying around the spectators body & optionally hands, but you may be able to adapt the idea to tying his hands:

Adam's Ring chair & rope: Tarbell 6
Abbott's uncanny rope mystery: (new) Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks

Maybe closer to the effect you are interested in, but I'm not sure how well it would work with ropes, but you may be able to adapt some of the silk tie/penetrations effects to do around a persons hands(instead of tieing the silk around a rope, tie it around their hands).

Knot thru arm: Wilson's Complete Course
Dowd's silk penetration, Baker's handerchief through arm; Leg tie & release; Phantom knots: Tarbell 1

you might be able to get a rope thru neck type of penetration to work around someones wrists, but I don't know how long it would stay tied with a fidgeting spectator.

Then there's the old standby, using the grandmother's principle, you would just need to watch your angles if you did this just around their wrists. I've seen this done where a locking type pin/post is used instead of the thread - this might be the best way to keep the spec tied until you decide to remove the pin.

Last, although I've not seen it used this way, some knots(e.g.; square knots) can be turned into slip knots with the proper tug. You may be able to configure something here(after all, if the spec is tied, he will not be able to manuever the knots). You might be able to configure something like this with a hitch knot.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
John - thank you very much, you are a "living encyclopedia". Best regards from wonderful Vienna! Angelo
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
You are welcome.

Quote:
you are a "living encyclopedia".

that's the problem, I need to start performing more, and collecting less, but I am having fun Smile

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking