The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: The "easiest" torn and restored? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
The easiest and probably one of the best is the instant restoration of a torn and burnt card by Bob Swadling. The gaffed card is ingenious and will last a long tine if handled carefully
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
The easiest T&R card in the WORLD by far is my very own 'Ripped & Repaired'.

Check before you wreck it rude boys.

Dave.
Chicagomagi
View Profile
New user
Riverside, IL
93 Posts

Profile of Chicagomagi
There's one in Mark Wilson's Complete Course that's actually not too bad and certainly easy.

I also have Hoodwink which is easy but requires some guts which is made clear in the instructions. It's not recommended unless you already have the audience eating out of your hand.

JC Wagner's is the one I'm going to learn next. It's equally as visual a restoration as Hoodwink but you're relatively more clean at the end.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1571 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I think to most convincing easy torn and restored card is probably either Daniel Garcia's torn or Brent Bauns torched and restored. OF course you know I was just kidding about an earlier post stating that "reformation" is one of the easiest Smile
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
J.C. Wagner's in 7 Secrets...by the way is that a fooler for real people?
Symparanekromenoi
View Profile
New user
The Other Side
4 Posts

Profile of Symparanekromenoi
I second Williamson's Torn and Restored Transpo. It's easy as sin and has the added benefit of being interactive rather than just the eye candy sort of restoration. If you can do it in their hands they're more likely to remember you (that sounds bad, but you get my point). I know a number of professionals who swear by this routine just for that reason.
KaydoWhoa
View Profile
New user
Keystone Heights, Florida
90 Posts

Profile of KaydoWhoa
Why go for the ''easiest''.. go for the best looking effect imo
lelo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of lelo
Torched and restored is pretty easy to do. It uses normal cards although some preparation is necessary (and time consuming). One of the posts states that your hand goes to the pocket. However, this is done at a very appropriate time and for a very 'necessary' reason. The effect gets great reactions.
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
On 2006-03-20 16:08, Dave Forrest wrote:
The easiest T&R card in the WORLD by far is my very own 'Ripped & Repaired'.

Now there's an unbiased review. Smile
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Quote:
On 2006-03-21 00:57, foolsnobody wrote:
J.C. Wagner's in 7 Secrets...by the way is that a fooler for real people?

Actually I think it looks good. JC Wagner performed (and hopefully still does perform) for lay audiences in general so my guess is that his T & R is convincing.

My personal favorites are:

Tommy Wonder's version (which is his handling of Paul Harris' T & R)

Darwin Ortiz - the Marker (great presentation - similar to the Paul LePaul version)

Daniel Garcia - Torn - my personal favorite. It looks wonderful and it seems like it is in the grasp of the average card handler.

Brent Braun - Torched and Restored - Great instant restoration of a card clearly torn into 4 pieces.

I agree that the "easiest" method may not be the most deceptive. Personally I did not like Kenton Knepper's T & R at all. I didn't think it looked very convincing at all but I am sure it is an easy method.

Like everything else, a great routine is going to require lots and lots of practice. Searching for the easiest method is not always the best solution. Look for the most deceptive. (My opinion - I could be wrong).
ME
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Torched
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I think That Troy Hooser's Bogus Torn and Restored Card from his book The DesTroyers, is hands down the EASIEST and one of the most effective T&R routines out for real world performers.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Stormer
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Stormer
Quote:
On 2006-03-21 07:16, KaydoWhoa wrote:
Why go for the ''easiest''.. go for the best looking effect imo

That's a fair point KaydoWhoa, but the reason for that is I'm fairly new to magic, more so card magic and the ideas behind torn and restored cards,so I just thought it'd be better to start off with the easier routines in this affect until I feel more comfortable with the moves involved and then move onto the more advanced methods that may have the better looking affect.
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Torn by Daniel Garcia , recently started doing this one and have discarded the others, love this slow motion restoration one piece at a time or a signed card routine
aznparoxysm
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of aznparoxysm
Ditto to the daniel garcia's torn. As actor said, it's piece by piece, but my favorite part is the beginning, where the spectator clearly sees two quarters unite into one.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I used to love performing JC's version before all the others came out. I've tried the Reformation, Torched and Ripped & Restored, as well.

Easiest - Torched

Favorite - Ripped & Restored.

I saw the demo of Torn and it seemed pretty close to Ripped & Restored, so I never invested in it. Does anyone have both and what is your opinion?

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
makingmuchomagic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of makingmuchomagic
My favorite has to be Torn, but the easiest is definitely Puzzle Card, which is on the Ripped and Restored DVD.
sifulou
View Profile
New user
FRANCE
5 Posts

Profile of sifulou
A lot of choice but for me two good example : Hollingworth and the ripped and estored from Yves Doumergues ( with inside the DVD an easy maner and several variations )...
L'art est un jeu.Tant pis pour celui qui s'en fait un devoir. ( Max Jacob ).
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10970 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Well ypu could name evey torn and restored effect ever crested or you favorite
however ther is no easiest version......
they all take hard work and practice to pull ythis effect off.
again IMO there is no easiest,
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magicbar
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicbar
Jc Wagner's