The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: "Pass with Care" DVD -- opinions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mr_e_uss
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of mr_e_uss
Does anyone have the "Pass with Care" DVD? Is it good? Is there a better one?

Thanks!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I just got it but really hadent had a chance to view it. But I read a few good things about it.
theronmagic
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of theronmagic
Pete was just over and we were talking about the Pass. He will teach you the classic pass on the DVD, you get to see him do it in action on the street, and there is a added demo loop to help you learn it. There are other DVD's devoted to learning the pass, Pete's DVD is a good learning tool to help you get the move down.
Magically,
Theron
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
It is a good DVD. I personnaly don't use his exact handling, but the smoothness he teaches and the different points he outlines are very good IMO.
I think it is a better way to go into this move than a DVD like Kaufman's "on the pass" or any other.
But, I'd say that once you get the move down, other sources will be welcome in order to refine the move and help you find the best hnadling for YOU. That's the moment when DVDs such as "on the pass" will be handy.
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
I have watched this DVD and agree with the points Jonathan makes. My pass is really bad as I haven't practised much, but I got all the help I need to get started from this DVD.

Michael
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27314 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I saw the demos online and was stunned by what happens with the people.

Are you getting those results?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1571 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Jonathan, where did you see a demo for this. I've been looking for it but no luck.

Bobby
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Jonathan,
I remember we talked about that via PM. I just looked at the Derek Dingle's ambitious card which he performs on one of his newest DVD. He uses the pass repetedly. At the beginning, he does the same sequence as cassford, with the selction arriving at the face prior to the revelation. It goes unnoticed at first, and the effect seems very strong for the spectator when she realized it. Did you see this one?
Ninian
View Profile
New user
London, England
26 Posts

Profile of Ninian
If you're learning the pass for the first time this DVD is definately a good starting point.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
pierre888
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of pierre888
This is a good dvd for starters but there is one major cover only taught... I prefer other covers... but great for beginners
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Its an Ok DVD. I mean there really isn't much to say about a persons Pass. Only you weill be able to perform it the way you do. It does have some really nice misdirection and execution points. He takes ten seconds to do a pass which to me ais a lot of confidence. Most people just want to do it right away and be rid of it.
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
I thought it was useful. The main benefit of this DVD is that, by virtue of the fact that you can do his version of the pass in slo-mo, it is a confidence builder for those otherwise intimidated by the move. There's a certain machismo surrounding this move (which I think is totally bogus) and for as good as Richard Kaufman and others perform the pass and as comprehensive as his video is displaying various types of passes, it comes off as showoff-y rather than as a good teaching tool. There's a certain breed of magician who will look down their nose at you (privately or openly) if you can't perform this move. It's a rubbishy attitude in general and this DVD avoids that mindset and makes it as easy as possible for the neophyte and for that, I recommend it.
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I had the VHS and I find that he really does a good pass. Very natural, smooth and nice speed.

Howwver, till now I have not been able to properly get the grasp of the timing. I honestly think that its a reasonably good information DVD on the pass

the other being Richard Kaufman's on the pass DVD
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-03-09 08:59, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
I saw the demos online and was stunned by what happens with the people.

Are you getting those results?

Thos reactions are from the routines. You can get those reactions from a good transpo.

The live footage helps those learning the Pass and when to do it ( when they aren't looking as Malini might say ).
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier