The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Moving without threads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
I am looking for my close up mental program for a short routine where something visually moves or is bend. It should not use threads, it must be done stand-up. It should not damage something. May I aks you for some ideas (dealer items, descriptions) with which you have optimal experiences! Thank you!
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
It depends on what is the object you want to make it visually move, check out M5 from
http://www.ellusionist.com. You can see a short demonstration of it on a clip there, and see if that will serve your needs.

Zac
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I've seen amazing reactions from the Telekinetic Timber.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
PK pen or sharpie, can't recommend this highly enough.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Thank you dear gentlemen! I performed the Telekinetic Timber, but it does not work 100 %. Sometimes it didn't fall down, sometimes a spectator hits the table and it was not a miracle.
A question to Mr. Zac: M5 is a good idea, but I think it's better for walk around magic, than for table-magic (I think spectators, who are not near enough, will not see anything:)
A question to Mr. skc417: What is the PK sharpie?
Best regards from Vienna!

Angelo
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Angelo,

PK Pen and Sharpie are basically the same idea as Telekinetic Timber. It's a pen, or Sharpie, that falls off of a drinking glass.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Dear Mr. Michael J. In the meantime I find (with the help of google) on the page of http://www.daytonamagic.com/Mentalism that there are different PK - instruments (pencil, pen, sharpie). Can you tell me please, if they all work well. Is it possible to do with them all the magic in the hand of a spectaotr?
Angelo
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

I saw a picture on a shops hoempage (see my posting above), showing somebody performing the trick! It looks like as if the pen would lie more than 2/3 of its length over the edge of the hand or table. So actually it is more baffling that the pen can lie this way and not immediately fall down.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Banachek published a impromptu ungaffed PK pen that can play very well when you're out without your usual PK-special-pen. It's on the "telekinesis" volume of the PSI serie.
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Hi Angelo,

Yes I think the PK sharpie is better than the PK pen or Timber for a few reasons.
For one it looks more natural as you can use the pen for other routines prior to the PK demonstration, second thing is you can do this on both ends unlike the PK pen. This is particularly useful because you can pick up the pen really casually and lay it down.

To overcome the problem of spectators hitting the table, the strongest selling point of the "PK items" is the distance. So you would usually control to have the spectators stand or sit quite a distance from the table or object you have the pen on.

Another great thing is you can get this "wobbling" effect before the pen falls with the PK pen, although it requires some practice, the last time I demonstrated this was after some metal bending effects, I follow with the PK pen saying sometimes I can affect objects remotely. Two guys near by almost fell off their seats, I really sell this effect as an afterthought, really unplanned, like I could've picked up anything and done the same. There is a real shock value to this effect.

Feel free to PM me if yout wish to know more about my handling etc..

Simon
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
My method called "Thought Police" is scheduled to appear in an upcoming issue of Soapbox Derby. No threads, wires, magnets, gravity gimicks, or static electricity.
Benjabone
View Profile
New user
Japan
29 Posts

Profile of Benjabone
If you are still considering the M5, there is a booklet that comes with it about how it came to be and there are some good table working techniques there, that if you are not table hopping, can work well. I use mine fairly often and never worn on my body. If you get creative with your shims and conceal it well, it is powerful enough to create some nice effects that can be seen on a small stage. IMO.