The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: L and L Cigarette Thru Quarter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3634 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Has anybody viewed this DVD yet? Any reviews?
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2767 Posts

Profile of sethb
Just got the DVD and am pleased with it. My thought was to get the DVD first and then decide whether to invest in the Cig Thru Quarter gimmick itself.

I think the real value of the DVD lies in viewing and comparing the different ways to ring in the gimmick. Three of the demonstrators use a Shuttle Pass, which is a easy, convincing and time-honored way of doing it. But there are also two other methods shown, both very clever. My thought was to ring in the gimmick one way, and then ring it out a different way -- sort of like insurance!

Mr. Ammar also shows that he has put much thought into the presentation of this trick. I was impressed with his idea about borrowing (and marking!) the coin, which was very subtle. Working backwards from the spec's first unspoken guess (that the coin was switched), Michael has done a good job of coming up with a handling that helps to disprove that assumption -- and without the usual "Here we have a regular, plain old quarter" patter.

Technical values are good, all the shots are clear and the audio is good. The performances themselves are of course staged, and seemed to me a little stiff and forced. But unless you're going to copy someone else's presentation word for word, which isn't a good idea anyway, this shouldn't matter.

For $20 I thought it was a good value and delivered the goods as promised. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC