The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Industrial fan for snow storm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
limhanchung
View Profile
Veteran user
Malaysia
342 Posts

Profile of limhanchung
Hello

I am currently looking for an industrial fan for a snow storm effect. Are there any particular things I should look out for when selecting one?

Thanks.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I would like one that's quiet and provided directional output.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
The idee of using a fan & the snowstorm effect belong to Kevin James - you should contact him about this ! (www.kjmagic.com)
limhanchung
View Profile
Veteran user
Malaysia
342 Posts

Profile of limhanchung
Isn't the idea of having confetti blown by fans an established stage effect used long ago?
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
It depents on how you want to use it !
If you want to do a snowstorm effect by using a (hidden) fan - you should contact Kevin James.
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
There is a specific type of blower that works best and you can find it fairly easy if you know what to look for. If you contact Kevin and purchase his snowstorm effect for permanent or long running shows at on venue he will tell you the model you need and where to get it. That is the best way to find out.

Matthew
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Squirrel cage blowers come in many sizes and are very quiet. You can find many choices at http://www.grainger.com or at a local industrial supply house or even at Lowe's or Home Depot stores.

Kevin's first blower for his snow animator was cheap and horrible, and required a lot of music to cover up the noise. As I understand it, the newer one is some sort of squirrel cage blower and is much quieter.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...