The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Himber ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Anyone have advice on the best reasonably priced Himber ring out there?
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1571 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Penguin magic
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I don't really know the workings on them But I believe Pete and Proper have a not so cheap one.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Penguin Does have a himber ring...

And if you order Greg Wilson Ring leader DVD you get it for free..

Good deal...

Shawn.
Shawn.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you are a pro and REALLY want to do this the easiest way, check out my version at http://www.porperoriginals.com

It is a bette design ring with Al Koran's amazing routine that he featured on the Ed Sullivan TV Show. Includes a gaffed pen that does the dirty work.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I'm sure the Porper ring is a work of art, but it is priced at $695. I'm sure that's a "reasonable" price for the quality, workmanship, etc. you get with that set. But I think when the originator of this thread asked for "reasonably priced" he really meant to say "inexpensive." I'd have to say the Porper version would not qualify by that definition. The Staggering carried by Penguin is not bad for the price (check eBay, though. I've seen them for $9.99 regularly as opposed to the $30 that Penguin wants for them). Of course, you get what you pay for, but the Staggering will get the job done for very little cash until you can afford a high quality version.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
As nice as I'm sure the Porper Ring is, yes, I could not justify that type of money for the effect. I have heard the low end versions are short lived and not very precision. I was hoping to find something of decent quality in the $100-200 range. It seems the himber rings I have seen are one extreme or the other.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, remember you are talking about gold, what our country and many others back up their currency with. The same with costume jewelery vs real jewelery.

I have seen the costume jewelery Himber rings usually sell from $37.50 to $50.00 depending where you buy it.

The price of real gold will run you several hundred dollars. I am currently selling a 10K solid gold Himber ring on the Café for $400 and that is a deal, because it is valued for much more, due to the gold.

Go to any jewelery store and try to by a mans solid gold ring for less then $300. Then go on line and you can find the same thing in costume jewelery for $3.00.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Here is just one excellent H Ring at http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2894

It is under $50 -- while on the site, search Himber Ring and you will find wedding band style same price and others more expensive.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You can also do a very strong linking finger ring routine with a cheap ring you cut a slit in ala linking rings if you think about it. BELIEVE ME.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Or use key rings (ala Sankey's 3 ring circus).
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Thanks Pete, I think you just helped me figure out what to do with my wedding ring from first marriage! And thanks all for your help.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2006-03-08 01:41, John Bowlin wrote:
Thanks Pete, I think you just helped me figure out what to do with my wedding ring from first marriage! And thanks all for your help.

OUCH!!!!
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Wow... I forget where mine is Smile
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I have been using my Himber ring from Penguin for awhile now and it's still working for me everytime! My fav. is to use the H ring performing the Linking Finger Rings taught by Richard Osterlind in his Mind Mysteries, Vol.1/
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
It is that exact routine by Osterlind that got me interested.
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
Have there been any discussions on signet style versus stagge? personally stagge looks "cooler" to me and is more my style, but seems to cast a lot more suspicion on it. the stagge ring looks like its separated into a lot of interlocking pieces which makes it seem more of a type of "trick ring" that spectator's will suspect. the signet style looks more solid and less suspicious, but alas not my style. are the himber rings examinable at all by the spectators? is the unlocking mechanism difficult to find?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Why would you want someone to EXAMINE the ring? You show them the rings linked various times and can even have someone hold the chain, briefly, but examining the H ring would slow things down.

The "work" on a signet is dead easy to find. A Wedding Band type Himber is difficult, altho you could put a nick in it to help. Our Ghostly Linking Finger ring is a lot easier to find the work and 10 times easier to operate owing to its unique design.