The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: David Blaine... the Devil? :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
choirboy 2001
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of choirboy 2001
Are any other Christian magicians as concerned as I am that David Blane is undermining our Lord Jesus by promoting himself as a "mysterious stranger" who has divine powers and performs stunts that overshadow Christ himself?

Certainly more people are witnessing Blane on T.V. than there are in church these days and it is very hard to compete with loaves and fishes when you are up against cheap Blane stunts such as his so-called
"Levitation".

I for one am very concerned about this situation and wonder what other Christ-fearing magicians think? Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I guess I missed the part where he claimed Divine powers. And I know for sure that I never saw any of his effects that even came close to overshadowing Jesus Christ! I have seen Blaine, and I have seen God's work. And there is absolutely no comparison!

And I certainly don't think David Blaine is what is keeping people out of Church today. Hypocrisy, back biting, self-promotion, watered down doctrine, elitism, snobbery…. These might have something to do with that problem.

However we can all be concerned about a general lack of sound Bible Doctrine in our World today.

But what good does it do any of us to call David Blaine a devil, and be concerned about the magic he does when the "mysterious stranger" concept has been around for a long time before Blaine.

Our job is not to curse David Blaine, or panic for what how and what he performs. Our Job is to do God's Will (not our own) and speak the truth in Love. But we have enough real issues, like Sin in our own lives, and carrying out the great commission, and remembering that we don’t convict or convert anyone. It is God, the Holy Spirit who has that job! And I for one am glad.

We all already have a job. And it isn’t bashing David Blaine. It is Taking God's Word to the Lost. Comforting the lonely. Giving a cup of cold water to the thirsty. It is about being right with God in our own lives. And a whole lot more. David Blaine is among the least of our problems.

If you must react to David Blaine, pray for him. I dont know that any of us honestly knows whether or not Blaine is a Christian??
But either way, pray for him.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Smile Thank you Brother David, very well put.