The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Scott Xavier at Cherry Point (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lady-J
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Lady-J
Where to start?

Last week a performer came to MCAS Cherry Point and performed a mentalism show for the Marine Corps. His name was Scott Xavier and he was amazing!

Being a summertime performer myself, Scott told me about the magic Café. You see during the summertime I go to the Atlantic Beach shoreline and perform psychic readings. I never mixed magic and psychic. My belief is that there is an empathic link between a reader and their client. It may not be psychic but rather psychological. This all changed when I saw Scott perform.

He had 400 Marines laughing, grimacing, and even suspence filled. He used what he called paranormal entertainment. It was mentalism but more flashy. I know Scott is on the road right now in Pennsylvania but will be heading back to North Carolina next week so if you are in the area you have to see him.

Before he left he taught some Marines some magic. Everybody loved his show as well as how personable he was. Having known my family for a while he asked me to review his new book. I am quickly reading it and am extremely excited! I'll have some of my other magician friends come on here as well. The Magic Café is the best hidden secret in magic. There's so little entertainment out here that we welcome anybody who comes out to perform.

Thank you Scott,

Jill
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Hey hottie! Guys, this is the hottest magician/psychic I have ever met! Drop dead gorgeous! If you question it, check out her homepage. Her uncle was a great bar magician and a friend of mine in Chicago, he taught me the fast and loose effet. Very cool people.

Back on topic, thanks for the kind words. I figured teaching the marines some slights would keep them occupied in Iraq. Anyways if anyone's interested I'll be back performing at Cherry Point on the 16th. Call or email me for more.

I've been back from PA for a while. I'm back in Moorehead and then back to Haveloc. If you wanna grab dinner later and talk over magic call me. BY THE WAY YOU GOTTA PUT UP A PICTURE!
Lady-J
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Lady-J
The pictures on it's way. I should have you take one later for me. How is your Hi-Def super camera? I was just reading the posts on Fast and Loose. I wish there was a magic shop down here on the east coast.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Lady J. Whats wrong with your picture on myspace? Smile
Lady-J
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Lady-J
Some people think I should cover up or something! Still those same people want me to perform a 2 person mind reading act with them and dress skimpy. Smile

Good enough to make money with but not good enough for your friends?
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Its a crazy world that we live in!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Hey Lady-J. How about writing a nice post for the rest of us and 'our' acts?
We feel sure Scott Xavier (that performer you bumped into at Cherry Point)wouldn't mind.

Bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Lady-J
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Lady-J
Bobser, sure when are you going to perform for the marine corps? Being stationed on base prohibits me from traveling too far. Another problem is there are no magic shops for miles.

Sorry for the lates response as I had to issue PFT's. For all you sloppy civilians those are physical fittness tests.

Here's some folks you may know.

David Copperfield was the first piece I've seen on TV that actually made sense. He used a deep reasoning for his effects. I think the power of why one would fly or what have you comes across in his performance. You experience a grand sense of what is really happening. You are experiencing a magical moment something beyond the norm.

Harry Blackstone Jr. was a delight to meet when I was younger. I remember being up on stage with him when he made a bird cage vanish. He had a different style then blackstone. Is there a step between magician and illusion? A Magusionist.

Bob Reed was quite possibly the funniest magician I met. When I graduated from high school I went about and found Mr. Reed to be a true magician. He never once had to set up. Every trick happened when you least expected it. Most of all it touched you emotionally either with humor or excitement.

Well that's all for now before it gets too away from the original thought. I don't know if Scott wants me to say this but: When you perform for the USO you do not get paid and I wanted to thank him for what he did. Second, we might be starting a 2 person telepathy act so you may see me in his TV show as well.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Scott has a TV show? Any clips Scott I would love to see if.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Not yet sir,
but in the works. I'm shooting some originals and one off's with a camera crew in Maryland, Virginia, Illinois, and NYC. I have a ton of test footage but we're working on filming permissions/rights and stuff like that.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
That's great Scott (no pun intended). Let us know how it goes. When you have clips I would still love to see them.