The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Throw Vanish Without a Tail? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Hey guys. I was wondering if it is possible to do a throw vanish without using a tail. I find it hard to find a tux with a tail but I would like to do the vanish. Is there a way to do it by just wearing a normal suit/jacket? Thanks
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I would take a lot of practice but think "topit"
Where the magic begins
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
The method is like hypnotizing a dove (by laying it back on your palm) then throwing it in the topit. A silk is best used to cover the throw.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
You can do the ditch into the base of your table. Make the table base tall enough and cover the opening with spandex and have the split (opening) in the middle. As you bend down almost to your knees you do the ditch and than come strait up and toss the silk. If you've ever seen Dimmare do the tail vanish that is as low as you will have to go to make it happen.

Good luck,
Puck
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Puck is right. With enough practice oyu can time it perfectly, and youre completely clean after your act. Even enough to take your jacket off in front of the audience, throwing off their thinking you are hiding something.

But be careful, I had a senseless friend that nearly knocked his table over during a performance. lol.
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
There is a way to accomplish this by a switch to a latex dove. See Tony Clark's Unmasks II, and Behind the Seams. He actually uses it in his Phantom of the Opera Dove act.

James Adamson
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
The topit method can be performed close to the audience while the table ditch can only be performed in a stage setting where the audience is only in front.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net