The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Making Gaffed Coins ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Any book recommendations to make your own coins, folders, two headed etc.

I have a great little workshop and have dabbled at folders but the halving is a problem.

The cutting for the band is fine.

We have some nice coins up here in Norway, but if the gaffed coins are anything like as costly as everything else.. I will pass.

Regards The Pianoman
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Pianoman:

To my knowledge, I have never seen a book or pamphlet on how to make gaffed coins.
I think the audience for such a publication would be extremely limited, since most people do not have the necessary tools to make the coins. I truly think you need to go the commercial route to gaff the Norwegian coins. You are correct when you say that it won’t be cheap. If you should decide to go the commercial route, Todd Lassen would be your best resource. He will gaff coins that you send him.

-Marty
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
He will gaff coins that you send him
as will Presto Magic in the UK

trix@prestomagic.co.uk ...
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Our family dentist (and amateur magician) used to gaff his own coins... and ones for close friends. But he had the tools and the steady hands for it.

He also made jewelry... can’t imagine where the gold came from! Ewwwww!
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
248 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
If I remember correctly, at one time, Mike Caveney used to work for Johnson Magic cutting coins and making gaffs. You may want to drop him a note via his web site for advice.
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity