The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: New to magic? :: Shops in Oregon? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
stainXzero
View Profile
New user
Australia
5 Posts

Profile of stainXzero
Could someone tell me where the good magic shops in Oregon are?

Thanks in advanced. Smile

Oh, and also Vancouver.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Callin's Magic in Portland is probably the best shop in the state. There used to be a place called Mr Mystic's in Salem, but I don't know if it is still there.
Support your local shops as they are a dying breed these days.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
There are three Portland area shops currently. The biggest of the three is Callin's House of Magic. It is run and owned by Magician Richard Green along with Magician Corey Burke.
http://www.callinsmagic.com

Magician Jim Pace owns a store located in The Lloyd Center Mall.
http://www.whiterabbitmagic.net

Another shop is in the Beaverton Mall. It's called Magic-Fest. It is owned and run by Magician Mark Benthimer.
http://www.magicfest.com

And as Payne mentioned, there is a place in Salem, as far as I know. It is still listed in my phonebook. It's called Mr Mystic's.
stainXzero
View Profile
New user
Australia
5 Posts

Profile of stainXzero
So which one is the best?

Stuff in Australia is a little expensive and I was wondering if I could get it cheaper in the US because I'm going there for my end of year holidays.

I'm looking to buy some Dan Harlan videos and maybe a few tricks.

Thanks, Smile
StuBeck
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of StuBeck
In Seaside Oregon, a beach town about 78 miles west of Portland, just north of Cannon Beach and south of Astoria, there is the new "Corner Magic Shop at Seaside"

300 Broadway. It's opening late June of 05.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Hey guys,
Let me add that the new shop in Seaside Oregon is top notch. It is the only magic shop with nothing but magic in it. I walked in there on Sunday this week, my mouth about dropped. The shop is like walking into a candy store. And it only took me an hour and ten minutes to drive there from Portland.

Support all the Magic Shops. Now I have two favorites in Oregon. Magic Fest in Jantzen beach, and The Corner Magic Shop in Seaside.
Scotty Mac
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mac
Also wanted to add Harvey's Magic Emporium in Eugene http://www.eugeneshopper.com/harvey-magic/
Scotty Mac
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mac
Finally made it Magicfest. It's worth the visit. Mark Benthimer, the owner, is great! He's a professional magiciaion with over 20 years of experience and runs the store out of love for the art. I expect I'll be seeing a fair amount of my money "magically" disappear after each visit : ).
DKulbieda
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of DKulbieda
I heard this from George Olson...there is also quite a buzz in Portland about the new magic shop on Seaside, OR. It's postcard perfect setting on the beach...It's called the Corner Magic Shop at Seaside...I even saw David Charvet there visiting with Stuart, the owner.
"The shop, the decor, the mechandise were all of the top quality..." (Dill, Porper, Daryl)make sure to visit next time you're down there.
I'm heading down this weekend...I phoned and it sounds great...I checked the website and it's under construction though...
Kingtriton
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Kingtriton
Stu and Michelle of the Corner Magic Shop in Seaside are top notch. They have a deffinate can do attitude. If you want it and they don't have it, they WILL get it. Of all the magic shops I have been to, The Corner Magic Shop seems to have the largest variety of quality stuff. How many shops do you know of that carry top shelf stuff like Joe Porper's Cylinder and Coins? Not only is the shop stocked with "Magician Crack" (the stuff we really really want) but it is also well merchandised, free of clutter and makes you feel welcome.
Ive heard that they are also in the process of getting a website online that will allow those from out of the area to order without making the drive. They also do phone orders @ (503) 738-8111
The best way to move a mountain is to change your perspective.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Stu has closed down his shop and moved back to Las Vegas. He and his shop will be definately missed!
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
Mark Benthimer is the man! Nice guy, great store. MAGICFEST is the magic store I bought my first trick from!