The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Pocket Organizers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Does anyone have any opinions on The Pocket Pocket by Carl Andrews vs. the Klamm Pocket Organizer vs. just your pocket?

I noticed that when Carl did his table hopping cups and balls, he did not use his pocket pocket. just a "plain old pocket".

It seems like any pocket insert, regardless of what it is would very much reduce the amount of storage space in your pocket.

Apparently the benefit is that though there's less room at least you know where things are?

Thanks for your thoughts?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
Frank
I use the pocket pocket to organize 2 different sets of coins 2 pairs of key rings, streech wand and a TT in the pocket itself I keep a shoe lace and a silk/or a couple sponge balls

works real nice keeping the coins and key rings organized

Paul
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3102 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Frank,
If you go to a craft store they have various
size sheets of mesh plastic. I think people use them with yarn to make designs. Anyway,
they are very inexpensive and I cut them to the size of my pockets. You can vary them in height and width. I place them in all my jacket pockets, outside pockets as well as the inside jacket pockets. This doubles the space and everything is organized.

I have a set up deck in the same pocket as my regular deck, but know exactly which is which because they are seperated by the plastic mesh sheet. It works SUPER for me, they are light weight, easily removed and last forever. I paid a whopping .25cents to do my entire jacket.
David Paul
Smile
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
David Paul,
I thought I came up with an original idea about the plastic mesh. I guess it's very difficult in the world of magic to come up with something new. I did take the idea a step further by sewing strips of elastic to form holders for 2 T.T s.(for T.T streamer and bill switch). I'm in and out of my pocket like lightning loading the T.T.

Frank,to somewhat answer your original question, I have 2 Klamm pocket organizers and find them not as useful as some of the other guys on this board. There are approximately 17 pockets on each organizer which only some of the pockets can be utilized. I do pin it in place but find hitting the right pocket in the organizer a little difficult. Even more so, to replace props into the correct pocket.

I would like to hear from some of the guys that do use the Klamm organizer and maybe you could offer some tips on your setup. I know the obvious answer is just by repetitive use. But I find the organizer just to flat to hit the correct pockets.
Rich B.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
In my current lecture, Real-Life Table Hopping, I point out that I carry one trick per pocket.
That means, while wearing a jacket, I have one trick in each of:

One shirt pocket;
Two outside jacket pockets;
Two inside jacket pockets;
Two side pants pockets;
Two back pants pockets.
That makes a total of nine pockets or nine tricks.

And that generally translates to three sets of three tricks. If you carry more than that, then you are probably carrying too much.

Rethink your act!
Smile
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Most times I cary only:

1) deck of cards
2) sponge balls
3) 6 half dollars
4) length of strings.
5) tt

With this I'm set for the night. I can do multiple routines with each prop so I'm fresh all the time.

If I want to change up a bit I'll stack a shell in there.
Michael MacDonald