The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: What do you think? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
Hi Ichazod !

You told us about C. Chelman who inspired you a part of you routine. I'm a fan of this guy, even if I don't do his kind of magic.
He can give us a lot of inspiration.

But I want to ask you if you've read the latest C. Chelman book "Urban Legend"...
Because in this book there are 2 routines (beautiful) which are built on the theme "Gambling with the devil".

Are these routines the source of your ideas ?
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Check out Stephen Benet's short story, The Devil and Daniel Webster; you can find the whole thing on the Net, using a search engine like Google.
It's the classic Faust yarn moved to post-colonial America, in which a farmer sells his soul to the devil and then, when the contract comes due, gets Daniel Webster to argue his case for him and against the devil.
That should provide you will fodder for many, many themes along the lines you are looking for, Ichazod.
(Pay particular attention to the style of writing -- bizarre, before there was any popularized bizarre magic!)
cheers,
Peter Marucci
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
OR the Devil and Daniel Mouse. LOL
Most magically yours,
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Thank you all for the help here, the routine was inspired by the effect"Soul snatcher" out of "Capricornian tales". I mixed it up a bit & made it my own.

Thanx again
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:

7. Odd smells - (No, Jack, please.) Could sulphur be imbedded in a candle so at some point it will give the smell of brimstone? A mix of old aftershaves can make a very odd smell. A small bottle can be dumped on a carpet while attention is on something else.
Just thinking,
JaquaiGul

Get in touch with Karl Bartoni at Dragonskull prod. This gentleman has turned smells into an artform. He has delayed smells, triggered smells, instant smells.
You name it and he can do it.
Besides, you won't find a nicer, more sharing person than Karl anywhere.
Best,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
I like using smell when and where I can... back in the 70s (sigh) when I first started doing the Cremation, I had special little boxes with fans and heating elements in them that we would sit into the ventillation system of the room being worked... Now bare in mind, my mother was a hair dresser... I think you get the idea here... people were tossing their cookies Smile

Hey! Any press is good press in this business... (if you have a good spin doctor!) Smile
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism