The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Si Stebbins Stack Favorite Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
alby
View Profile
New user
Mexico
13 Posts

Profile of alby
I stopped using this stack a long time ago for practical reasons, but now that i came across Darwin Ortiz "Si Stebbins Secret" I realize it can be used in the kind of situations I perform. I wasn't able to find a thread of discussion about tricks using this stack, if there is one can someone point me to it please... But if not please list your favorite tricks using this setup.

Thanks
Stefan Rupar
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Stefan Rupar
Check out *Houdini Casts A Spell* in the book Doug Edwards Pack A Wallop, written by Harry Lorayane, published by L&L. Self working double whammy fooler dooler using the Si set.
Bunch of other great stuff in that book too.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Aaron Fisher has an awesome variation of Daryl's "Untouched" using it. The spectator handles the cards the whole time as the magician tells the story of God and the Devil playing cards for your soul.
femur
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
175 Posts

Profile of femur
One of my favorites comes out of 'The magic of Nick Trost': Automatic Lie Speller.
"I can't really think of a good quote to put here"
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Granted, to each his own, but I totally disagree with the Fisher routine being a good version. Honestly I thought it was one of the worst routines I have seen in regards to the Si Stebbins and one of the most confusing presentations I have ever run across. (It pretty much makes no sense).

Jim Swain has a terrific routine in 21st Century Card Magic that involves 3 spectators.

Darwin's "Do As I Did" is one of the best routines I have seen that uses the Si Stebbins and another very popular gaff. The combination of these 2 elements make it an absolute miracle.
ME
Anasazi
View Profile
New user
Upstate New York
49 Posts

Profile of Anasazi
I haven't tried performing it, but "The Hawk" from Videomind vol.2 looked good.
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
I have to second Mr. E on complementing Mr. Swain, great trick, great book.

I myself favour Mr. Aronsons, sleightless, ungaffed "Some people think." The spec riffle shuffles deck and cuts deck as often as he likes. He takes the card from anywhere and places it himself anywhere and cuts again. Ask the spec to THINK stop as you deal the cards face up, of course you stop at his card. Sometimes you can stop before even knowing where his card lies in the deck, get him to shuffle it again and still determine it. WOW.
So much to do. So little time.
Menetekel
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Menetekel
The encyclopedia of Card Tricks by Jean Hugard is full of effects with a stacked deck.

Max