The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Daryl's Encyclopedia Of Card Sleights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Everyone.
Which volume is best to purchase in the beginning?
Which one is your favourite?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1373 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Oh boy. You really need to read the contents of each and try to decide which sounds 'best' to you. It's more of a question of taste than quality. Pick one; if you like it, chances are you'll like the rest of them.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Um All of them. Can't pick just one.
linhong
View Profile
New user
Seattle
74 Posts

Profile of linhong
You can take a look at daryl's homepage (http://www.foolerdoolers.com/) to check the contents of each volume to decide which one you need most. However, the best method learning way of the basic sleights is through reading (expert card technique, card college, to name a few.)
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I wouldnt say reading is the "best method". There is a lot of information on the DVD series. Some people are visual learners and need to see it to understand it. I own a lot of books and Dvd's. I learn better from the DVD's that is just my style.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
It also depends on how many of them you can afford. If you can only afford one at a time, but plan to buy like one a month until you have them all, then just start with volume one and work your way through the series. If you only plan on purchasing certain volumes, then the advice above about checking the contents and deciding which will be best for you is the way to go.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
linhong
View Profile
New user
Seattle
74 Posts

Profile of linhong
What I actually mean is reading provides more details and finer points on any moves. Watching video is great for learning the body language and patter, as well as audiance control. So I prefer to learn tricks through video.

I'd like to revise what I said. The best learning method is to read and then to watch the video (IMHO).
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
To me, I love video 7 and 8 the most!
In love with magic!